fibro/hot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daisy-dewdrop@webtv.net, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Could you please let me know if anyone else has this problem. I, too, feel as if I am dying in the morning when I get up from fibro. It is not even easy to explain how you feel, except awful. Now I am wondering if feeling very hot is one of the symptoms. I feel like all of my corpuscles are hot and sometimes it is hard just to stand up because I have such low energy. It takes until afternoon to start feeling better. However, I still don't let it get me now and just accept it as part of my life. What else can you do. Just keep on keeping on. Carol
  2. Could you please let me know if anyone else has this problem. I, too, feel as if I am dying in the morning when I get up from fibro. It is not even easy to explain how you feel, except awful. Now I am wondering if feeling very hot is one of the symptoms. I feel like all of my corpuscles are hot and sometimes it is hard just to stand up because I have such low energy. It takes until afternoon to start feeling better. However, I still don't let it get me now and just accept it as part of my life. What else can you do. Just keep on keeping on. Carol
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Carol, welcome to our world. Yes, you have described my morning routine for years. I am so terribly miserable in the morning. If I allowed myself, I even think very negative thoughts. I will wake up at 8 or 9am, but am not truly functional untill about 11am. and thats after a cup of strong coffee. Sometimes I can hardly get out of bed to get to the bathroom.

I have a one cup coffee pot on the night table, I fix it at night, and just press the button in the morning. I am safer drinking the coffee before I get out of the bed!

As for as that hot feeling, yes that is also part of this sad illness.

I have been having those sweats for 16 years now. They have been much better lately, I started drinking half my body weight in ounces of water per day, and it seems to have helped to diminish the sweats. Heres the website; www.watercure.com Interesting read.

You have the right idea, don't let it get you down, just keep a positive attitude, thats the best way to combat this illness, try to be positive.

Again, welcome to the board, hope we can be of help to you. We have some great helpful caring people here.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2002]
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hi there, friend,
    You're one of us!!!! Isn't it just peachy????? Nothing unusual, Carol, part of the fun. I hope you can always accept it as well as you do now!
    Be well,
    Kady
  5. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

Carol & others....
    I've, just recently, started getting nite sweats. Sucks big time. I put the air on more at nite than I do during the day! When it comes on it feels good for the first minute then it's too cold. When I clicks off I'm sweating within a few minutes! I thought maybe it was my hormones not working correctly. But, I've been on-em for 15+ years and never had this problem. My gown, hair and pillow are soaked every nite now. Well, at least I know that this is just one more thing to deal with. I just wonder what's gonna be next.... Trying to stay positive with this DD but it's pretty hard since I can't work anymore.
    Well, hope you all are hanging in there. I spend hrs. on all the sites for FMS trying to find some good news. Hopefully soon they discover a MIRACLE CAUSE AND CURE!
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

welcome to the board. yes, i to have no energy in the morning and do feel better after my one cup of coffee. i did go off regular coffee for awhile, but then the no energy feeling lapsed into the afternoon. at least now i don't feel like a zombie 1/2 the day.

if you don't drink coffee maybe a glass of tea would help.

warm regards, fibolady
  7. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

Yes I am the same way , I am 55 but hot most of the time. My mornings are also the worst time, hard to get moving and no energy most days. I am afraid it is all part of this dd! Your right,we gotta keep on keeping on!
    Bonnie
  8. allie2

allie2 New Member

hi. My mother is going through menopause currently. I have night sweats and asked her what to do. She recommmended a supplement black cohash or sage may help.

Thanks,
    Allison