Fibro in Idaho

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelhugs, May 10, 2003.

1. angelhugs

angelhugs New Member

I need some info. My mother just found out she needs a liver transplant, do I as a Fibromyalgia patient. Can I donate up to 60% of my liver. Would that have any affect on the liver I am giving her.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Angel, I do believe you will have to ask your doctor about this.

I don't think anyone here could help with your question.

I do wish you and your Mom the best..........

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I have been cautioned against donating any organs or blood. But ask your own doctor. Good luck.

Hippo
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

If you are on or have been on a lot of meds, or have drank in the past, you may not have a healthy enough Liver.

Also if your suffering from FMS, I would think that you would need your Liver just as much as your Mother.
    Is there another Family member who could do this? You are so Sweet to want to help your Mom.
    I lost mine last year, and while she was sick, I would have done anything to help her also. Sometimes we can't.

Where abouts in Idaho do you live? Hubby and I used to live there and still have family. Do you have a Doctor who treat's your FMS? I have some other Friends who are in need of a knowledgeable Doctor in the Boise area.

God Bless You, and I hope you and your Mom will be alright, keep us Posted.

I would let my Doctor make the descion as to your giving up your liver, although, I think I might have seen something on the Discovery Heath channel about livers having the ability to grow back? Or was that just on one of the Sci-fi movies I also watch, call it Fibrofog I guess.

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon