Fibro is getting me down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanajoa, Sep 11, 2002.

1. nanajoa

nanajoa New Member

I have had fibromyalgia for several years. I am on Wellbutrin which is supposed to help the fatigue. I have
    tried the carrot juice and barleygreen to cleanse my system of impurities. I still have the extreme fatigue and aching all over.
    Can anyone out there please tell me what has helped them to cope with this pain and fatigue everyday? I really would appreciate your help.

2. nanajoa

nanajoa New Member

I have had fibromyalgia for several years. I am on Wellbutrin which is supposed to help the fatigue. I have
    tried the carrot juice and barleygreen to cleanse my system of impurities. I still have the extreme fatigue and aching all over.
    Can anyone out there please tell me what has helped them to cope with this pain and fatigue everyday? I really would appreciate your help.

3. selma

selma New Member

There are as many answers as people. I went through many protocols. Right Now Ultram for pain 2X strength Tylenol
    for pain.
    NADAH in AM for energy It takes about 30-60 days to work. It may work faster or slower\for others. I'm trying Provigil for the first time today. Use many multivits. and mins. Best wishes for you feeling better soon.

Love, Selma
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Nanajoa, welcome to our world! I have Fibro, and the thing that helps me most is 'Pro Energy'(malic acid and magnesium glycinate) for pain and spasms. I also take 'ZMA'(zinc, magnesium and B-6) to help with a deep sleep. Both of the above are sold at the 'Store' link on the top right of this board.

As for the fatigue, personally I have not found anything that I can take that helps, but I don't have the fatigue as frequently as CFS suffers. So I am sure others will be sharing with you soon.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

5. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

For Pain: Norco (vicodin), xanax (anxiety, relaxes muscles), roxicodone

For exhaustion: I take sleep med's to sleep through the night. Then I have to nap everyday 1-4 hours as I'm exhausted 2 hrs. after I get up.

I am ALWAYS IN PAIN AND ALWAYS EXHAUSTED. Just sleep and try to stay comfortable. I also have CMP (neuromuscular disease) all started when I was rearended.

I am also on antidepressants and IBS med as well as supplements, Remifemin for PMS

UGH!
  6. caring

caring New Member

Dropping by to welcome you and let you know I like Shirl take the ZMA. It doesn't put you to sleep but it keeps you there, as one wise member of this board by the name of Mel says. He is also the one that introduced it to us. You can also get that from the store here.

What else I take is St. John's Wort about an hour before the
    ZMA that helps put be to sleep too.

I do other supplements but these are mainly the fatigue ones.

Moving on to the food that makes me tired and adds to the pain, the worse one for me is sugar and it's the hardest one not to eat. So that's an area you might look at too.The easiest way for me to figure this out is to journal.

Another help with fatigue for me is that dirty word exercise and that also helps with the pain. Mine right now is walking. Also I recommend streching for the pain.

When all else fails, find a wide open place where no one will come after you in straight jackets and scream your head off. It's amazing how much that helps. :)

There's all kinds of help here just keep reading when your not too tired. :)The library here is full of information.

Sometimes I know it's easier because of the fatigue to ask the questions and let those that have done the reading give you the answer and I hope you feel free to do that as that's why we are here, to support and educate.

Blessings to you and yours.
    pat
    p.s. always check with your doctor when doing either meds or supplements or both some just don't mix.
  7. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I am considering asking my doc about the drug called Provigil. It is a drug they use to treat narcolepsy which is a disease that causes extreme daytime sleepiness. I have read where it has helped several people. I think there may be someone on this board that takes it.
    Hope this helps!

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)