Fibro is on me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leonatilgator, Dec 18, 2002.

1. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

I don't know what is happening to me. Help me understand.
    Lioness and worried
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Lioness, love your name, big cats are my favorite wild animals!

I take it you have just been diagnosed? This is a terribly hard illness to accept, but we do know it is not terminal.

I was actually glad when I was given a 'name' for all this pain, and related ailments.

What can we do for you? are you seeing a doctor? what are you taking for relief?

At first I though my life was over, then I learned how to cope, change what I could, and accept what I could not change. Most of all I learned to educate myself on what was going on with my body, I read books, so many books on this illness. Then I got a Pro Health catalog, and through it found this board.

Since then, I am 80% better than I have been in many, many years. I do thank my God everyday for this board, and the wonderful people who helped me, some were not even aware that I got help from them!

Please, tell us a little more about yourself, and hopefully we can help you too.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You will find this a great place for understanding fibro. There are lots of very wise, experienced people who have walked this road in advance of us, and are always happy to help.

Read through the posts that are of interest to you. Type symptoms in the search box at the top, and you will find all sorts of answers. Start a topic, and ask members about specific questions you may have.

Best wishes, Karen
  4. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

Thank you, I will try that. I am having problems with my reading and consentration. I is very bad. I will try hard.
  5. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

My big problem is one day I was healthy, next day someone runs a dead red light hits me at 50 mph haven't been the same since. I have been very sick. Have had a few surgerys and all. It has been over 2 years. My doctors have diagnosed me with fibo. I need to learn.
  6. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

Thank you I have lots to learn. Gee, this is not a good thing.
  7. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

Such as the following, Bextra, diazepam, Wellbutrin, BuSpar, Ativan, Pamelor, Cylert, Paxil, Cerebyx, tramadol, Ultram, Effexor SR, Xanax, Elavil, Klonopin, Darvocet-N, HYDROCODONE/ACETAMINOPHEN, Vicodin, Chromagen Forte, TRAMTERENE, Hydocodone /Ap S/500, Cipro 500 mg,Limbitrol, NAPROXEN, and some steroids, I have very bad side affects. I am on a hard patients list. I do have the best doctors in the world. Right now I am on other meds. I have also developed a high level of depression. I'm not coping well. But you know I will take it one day at a time.
    Take care,
  8. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

WANT TO TELL YOU THAT ALL MEDS WERE TRYED OUT WITHIN THE 2 YEAR PERIOD. NEVER HAVE MY DOCS PRESCRIPED ONE TO MANY.

[ advertisement ]