Fibro keeps changing the way it presents

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoreBoo, Feb 4, 2007.

1. MoreBoo

MoreBoo New Member

Do other people experience different fibro symptoms that seem to change and move all of the time? For instance a few months ago, my thigh/legs would hurt very badly - that went on for about 4 months. Now my mid-back is killing me everyday and I feel no pain in my legs. Weird, huh? Is this typically fibro?

I've had FM for 12 years and what I remember is that my hands, arms, and feet were in pain and numb for years. But things are changing now. I still feel the all over "flu" like feeling - especially if I don't take my pain medication. But this back pain is constant.

Thank you all for your input and wisdom.
  2. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I completely understand how you feel. I have pain all over all the time it feels like but everyday, sometimes at different times of the day (such as in the mornings or just before bed) my pain is a LOT worse in particular areas. For example my legs, lower back and hips, shoulders and elbows. But from one hour to the next the pain can significantly increase or move around.

I notice my sleep patterns constanlty change too. I either sleep 20 hours a day or struggle to sleep a minute. Both types of phases i still feel as exhausted!!!

BOOO to Fibro, eh!! ;-)
  3. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

Yes this is exactly how my fibro does...Right now it is the fatigue and back spasms & brain fog that is really bad. A few months ago it was headaches and my feet and hands were hurting. It is very weird but apparently it is typical. This is why so many doctors have trouble dx. us because our symptoms change so much. I'm really ready for some good medical research studies to tell us what the problems is...I think it is a nervous system/brain response that is related to an auto-immune disorder.
  4. Crystal

Crystal New Member

this time its my legs and hips...then I start worrying that it's something else wrong with me....then I get myself all worked up thinking I'm seriously ill...then the anxiety and depression starts up....it's a vicious circle...I keep telling myself this too shall pass and I will feel halfway normal again soon.
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

because it hops around like that for me too. I take Requip now for the pain in my hips, legs and ankles so it doesn't migrate there anymore but I have only been on it for two weeks so the jury is still out on it. Most of the time it is the top and middle part of my back. when it used to switch to my hips and lower it wouldn't hurt in my back. Oh yeah, just within the last month it now affects my ribcage also. Right now the back pain is constant and it wears me down. Thank you to my fellow suffers who use this website. It sure keeps me going.
  6. pearls

pearls New Member

For me, chest pain has been a constant, though it is much less severe and occurs much less often, now. On the other hand, I'm having new problems with pain in my shoulders and the base of my neck. I'm not having burning skin on my thighs or burning, stinky feet anymore (thank God!), but I am having newer problems with drafts and the perception of cold in my left calf, even when I'm all wrapped up. My right ear is not bothering me as much (from drafts), but my left ear has joined the party, so to speak. My overall condition is much better, but I still suffer daily with fibromyalgia and chronic fatique syndrome. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of it because my memory is not so good!
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

You know, I've been going through this with my back for the last 11 years. When I tell my doc, they are like oh yeah.. it's just your fibro.

Well, fibro is not supposed to be a "progressive" disease.. (riiiigght!!) But, my back has gotten worse and worse. Sooo, I finally insisted on x-rays and it turns out my back and neck are pretty jacked up. Degenerative disc disease, arthritis, slipped vertabre... etc.

Now, the fibro pain does wander, but just a reminder that sometimes our pain can be caused by other things too, my constant back was... If it continues you may want to see if there is something more to it.

hugs,
    Dona