Fibro, Levaquin Damage Doctor In San Francisco Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joeb7th, Feb 23, 2007.

1. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

Does anyone here have any doctors they could recommend in this area all the way down the Santa Clara Valley as far as Gilroy that will treat someone who has had Fibro type symptoms for the last 14 months?

Also, ( very important) a doctor who will be open minded about at least "considering" the super powerful broad spectrum antibiotic "Levaquin" as a cause for my complete physical breakdown starting one or two days after taking this for 7 days back in Dec. 2005 ?

And after never having these symptoms before in my previous 54 years and after not taking any other drugs or medicines in my system while this all exploded and after not taking any drugs or medicine for years before Levaquin?
  2. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

A few years back my dr gave me Laveqin for an infection. I could not believe how sick I got. He told me that this anti-biotic was good for people that are allergic to penicillan. I broke out in a BAD rash which traveled all over my body and made me really sick. I have had FM for 13 yrs. so I don't think that is what caused it.

Also, I live in San Jose and go to a Rheumatologist Group in Los Gatos. The phone # is 408-356-3178. I go to Dr. Silcox who I believe doesn't take new patients but one of the other docs should be fine. GOOD LUCK!!!

Pirt
  3. California31

California31 New Member

When Cipro was first introduced, an number patients had very severe effects..( I believe 60 Minutes did a piece on a reporter, (a woman)...who had permanent damage...if not 60 minutes...then, one of the news mags...Just thought this might be something you could research relative to antibiotic reactions...Hope you find a practitioner who can help you.