Fibro pain moves from one joint to another, it's Painful walking?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Gee I get rid of one pain and then it moves to another. Now my hip area/top of leg under butt hurt SO bad. I can barely manage to lay in bed at night. Does your pain stay in one place or move around? Sometimes I think I am losing my mind. This is the most depressing dd . I can hardly walk with this hip area pain, anyone else have it in the hip/buttock area and it's hard to walk? My rheumie said that you can get pain in any muscle/joint area.
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Yes, fibrobutterfly, I get it one place for days and then it moves on to another place. Sometimes it is for months, sometimes weeks, or days. Right now I'm having a lot of pain in my right big toe. Had to take a pain pill it was and still is so bad.

I have had it in one finger for longs times and then it just disappears! Your rheumy is right that you can get it in any muscle or joint.

I have mid back pain on the sides of the spine that come and go.

I totally understand what you are going through and I'm so sorry. The hip/buttock area is a really hard one to deal with. The worst part for me is when you take something for pain and it just doesn't work. Then you have to stand the pain until the time comes that you can take yet another pain med.

I may try heat or ice if this toe doesn't let up soon. I know we are supposed to use moist heat, but I have an electric heating pad and that works for the back real well. I have a rice sock too.

I took hubby's clean sock. Put about 2 pounds of rice (not instant) in it and some cloves and tied it with several rubber bands. You can put that in the freezer for cold or heat it in the microwave for heat. If it is too much rice in the sock, adjust that to your preference. Use two rubber bands in case one breaks.

You can also make a slush bag with 1/3 rubbing alcohol and 2/3 of water and you put that in a ziploc bag and double the bag to two (in case one leaks) and freeze it and it will just get slushy. Works great too!

Hope you feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. chris350

chris350 New Member

Honey - my legs hurt so bad, do you realize I have gone as long as 2 weeks with out a bath. Sometimes I hurt so bad I just can't face the pain I will feel getting in and out of the tub. When my pain is under control, I bath, I exercise, I left weights, I do stretching and pilates.

EXERCISE is the key. BUT you must get your pain under control (I am not saying you can't have any pain) but your pain needs to be where you can get up and some light stretching. Try Windsor Pilates for Beginners - buy it on Ebay for pretty cheap. Invest in a good THICK mat. I promise it helps.
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

But now I just hurt all over. My neck, upper back, and legs hurt the most, but nothing is pain free - except maybe my fingernails and hair.

Hugs - abbylee