Fibro, Painful nodes armpits neck Normal CBC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Traymond, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Traymond

Traymond New Member

I have posted before about lymph nodes. If you have swollen lymph nodes would a CBC come back completely normal. I have had pain in my armpits for 2 years and in my neck. My doctor says he can't feel them. I just had a chest xray and CBC and they came back normal. I am thinking maybe Fibro. I have pain in my shoulders both sides of the neck, just above the elbow, thigh, buttocks, knee, etc.. My real question is if I had swollen lymph nodes would a CBC come back normal or would it show some type of elevated counts. Thank you.
  2. pamlamb

pamlamb New Member

I do have non hodgkins lymphoma, 20 yrs now, and its still gone but it was discovered becasue of lumps under my armpit which turned out to be 2 peach sized tumors. It is important to have lumps checked, mine seemed to pop out over night and I still check all over on a reg basis. When mine was discoverd my white count was elevated, and all the years of check ups they did the labs of white cell as an indicater of cancer. If you really feel a lump maybe you should try going to someone else and try to get a scan or something. Usually being insistant will get results. Good luck and hang in there.

My story of survival is a big deal with this kind of cancer, I was stage 3. I have learned you must be in charge of your own health and concerns, so many DR's don't anymore. Good luck. pj