Fibro slammed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Didoe, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Boy I got hit hard last week with an attack and its been awhile. My doc has been focused on RA and treating that, so FM was put on back burner by both of us.

Between loong hours at work and daily errands and home stuff, I got hit so hard. The weather has been really weird, very damp chilly, alot of rain that kind of sits in the clouds hanging over us until its ready to pour and you can feel the dampness puffing up your hands, ankles.

just alot of body wide paaaiiin. when its this bad, aint nothing working in the med dept.
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I think its been a tough go for so many of us...grrrrr, winter:) I can absolutely relate, but I am so sorry that you have been hit so hard and you have no choice but to carry on...with work and all! Here's a gentle ((((hug)))) for you and I hope you feel better soon. BTW, good to see you, haven't seen you around the FM boards for a bit. Best of wishes:)

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Boy can I relate. I keep having this "I'm going to feel better" attitude and I'm feeling worse everyday. I know I'm doing too much. I've been working more hours than usual - not getting enough rest, am under incredible amounts of stress. Forget the housework, haven't had the energy to do any for weeks and weeks. My husband has been doing it ALL.

I got really upset last weekend (and this) when I couldn't visit my Mom who is not well. I miss her and she needed a visit and I couldnt move. That broke my heart and made me angry. I cried most of last Sunday afternoon. It didn't help that I had woken up that morning at 2am (for the day). I was beyond exhaustion by the time the afternoon came around.

I also had the most excruating headache I've ever had in my life (not migraine - no nausea) this week - 20hrs or so. Ended up needing a CT Scan it was that bad. (everything's fine)

I guess we just muddle through these times and try to make ourselves are comfortable as possible?
    I'm SO anxious for nice weather all the time.
    My heart goes out to you.............

4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

as I've been in a bad flare for several weeks now. I've had a few good times but I've
    gotten really down because of all the pain and low energy levels.

I've been wanting the old me back , I go back and forth with
    denial and acceptance.......I just wish I could accept it and move on.

I think I've probably been doing to much and then add any amount of stress
    on top of that ......and it gets me everytime.

Very gentle hugs for us all.

5. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi all:

I, too, can relate... I've been in a flare and having gastro trouble too. I'm on the merry-go-round with doctors that adds to the stress, pain and mental struggle.

I think we have to go through the acceptance process with each flare. To say we accept it forever doesn't work because we do have better days sometimes. When we do have good days for a while and have a flare come back makes us go through the acceptance again. It sucks but if we can remember that the flare will go away AND the "good days" will go away, it's easier not to be disappointed.

I hope we all have "good days" coming up soon.