Fibro symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, Feb 27, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I have had RA for about 6 years. I was also told I may have Fibro, and have been told that again recently. I have been feeling very disoriented and somewhat lightheaded, not dizzy, just light in the head and shakey. I have felt that way for the past several days. No changes in meds to cause it. Is this what Fibro is like? I have been unable to concentrate too. I used to love to read, now I just cant read without just wanting to put it down, and I dont comprehend what I read. I am having a very hard time at work, I work full time. My neck, arms and shoulders are killing me, so sore. Feel like I was lifting weights which I wasnt. Anything I do makes me exhausted. I dont know much about Fibro, but thought you wonderful people could tell me if this disorientation is usual with Fibro. I was so bad at work yesterday I had to have my husband pick me up, I was not able to drive the 5 miles home. I was so lightheaded. Any input or advice would be appreciated. I have been on this board a few weeks and it seems great. I have also made friends with Ginny B. Thanks so much. Pattie
  2. noraoooo

noraoooo New Member

hi there. can,t really say from being dopey to down right stupid pain from head down hands acke feet acke keep dropping things my body just feel like it's having a laugh at my expense glad you've made friends through this board can i join in as one too.

love from over the pond
    nora scotland
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

There is a comorbid with RA condition called Ploymyalgia Rheumatica, I wonder if.... That foggy thing though sounds like CFS, or could it be meds?

Bumping for better reply.

Love Anne C
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I just looked at your profile. Your doggies are so cute! I have 2 little dogs of my own and I love them to death. They are just another part of my family.

About your sx. Could be fibro fog - sounds like a little more though (the light-headedness). I have a lot of trouble with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Changing my diet has helped my control it somewhat but I still struggle with it. I black out when I stand up (orhostatic htn) and have dead-to-the world crashes in the afternoon or after sugar intake (like soda, sweet coffee drink, even juice). Have you explored a blood sugar prob/

Could also be a blood pressure issue.

Have you discussed this w/ your doc?

Sofi
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

So sorry you're feeling poorly.

I've been reading a book called "Detoxify or Die, by Dr. Sherry Rogers, M.D. She mentions that RA is a autoimmune disease and comes from accumulated pesticides in our bodies. She says that our immune systems get poisoned by toxins and eventually it fails us leading to infections and such. As it gets old and wears out (immune sys.) it can mistakenly start attacking our own body parts. The result is auto-immune disease like RA, diabetes (i have type 1), MS etc, and because the immune system is not tangible like the heart or lung the damage goes unsuspected.

She describes fibro as great fatigue, muscle pain and burning. I wish I could find in the book exactly where she first talks about it but it's mentioned so many times that I can't find it right now. She also wrote a book that I haven't read yet called "Pain Free in Six Weeks" and the front cover mentions Fibro, RA, Lupus etc. I'm sure the purpose is also to detoxify. It's what I'm doing and I have had much fatigue, fibro symptoms, two autoimmune diseases, memmory loss, loss of concentration etc. in the past and am getting better since I started to detoxify. She mentions every symptom I read about on this board and it all leads to being toxic!!!

For example, my doc says that I have high mercury (and pesticides!)in my body, even though I had all NINE fillings removed and replaced(w/o metal) and most of my symptoms are mentioned in her book under mercury and pesticide poisoning. Dr. Rogers says that "mercury from pesticides, fungicides, tuna and other fish , dental "silver" fillings, and paints, triggers depression, chronic fatigue, leukemia, symptoms that mimic multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, resistant Candidiasis, chemical sensitivity, shoulder tendonitis, or body burning. It merely depends on each person's total load or combination of factors. And these are by no means all of the symptoms these environmental toxins produce, just examples of some of the more commonly documented ones."

I urge you to read one of these books and try her "cocktails". They are not difficult to do or hard to find ingredients.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

skierchik
  6. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Chelated Magnesium supplements are important too. I like Solgar brand.

skierchik
  7. RGA

RGA New Member

I don't know if your symptoms are fibro or not, mine are different. I have had FM since 1993 and mine started with all over body pain especially in my neck, shoulders and hips. I guess i've taken about every medication for relife even penpoint injections, which sometimes help short term but nothing long term. I just got out of the hospital yesterday, went in having chest pains, after many,many test my heart is fine, but my tissue around my ribs are inflamed and causing chestpain. my job is very stressful, i own a small contracting company and have 11 builders i answer to and have 9 employes who depend on me and how i deal with the builders for their living.So the doctors are telling me most of my pain is caused by stress.But they don't understand that it's physcal pain also.I try to ignore as much of the pain as i can and keep going, but sometimes it's so bad i can't .Because Fm can not be seen, people don't understand why you hurt or why your so exhusted.I've noticed the last couple months that my speech is being affected.My brain is thinking right but i'm having trouble putting my thoughts into words almost to being tongue-tied. When i get up in the morning i don't feel like i've even slept, i feel like i've run a race all night, sometimes i'm more tired than i was before i went to bed.My husband don't understand this, and i try not to complain to my grown children, but i can feel the FM taking me over more each day.I can't afford to lose my business due to an illness i can't explain and construction is no place for someone who is not healthy.I guess my only alternitive is to start training someone now to take over before this get too bad. I've tried most everything medical doctors have given me, and now i'm going to try some natural suppliments such as b=complex glusosamine potassium magnesium and soluable fiber, at this point it can't hurt. I also read that staying away from sugar and dairy products help. Truly restfull sleep does wonders, but it's almost impossible with FM.If any other FM suffers have any suggestions for sleep ,it would be very helpful. If you are having FM symptoms, try to research all you can on it and try different approaches to fight the pain. one thing that has helped me is my hot tub the jets massage and the warm water feels great.
  8. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I do have low blood sugar, and this is not it. I know how that is and I get it when I eat sweets. This was upon me first in morning, and all day,

I love my doggies too!! What kind do you have?

My very good friend is in AZ too. She is in Chino Valley. Are you near her?

Thanks again
    Pattie
  9. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Funny you mention Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I was told by a therapist early in my disease almost 6 years ago that I might have it. My doctor said no way I am too young. Funny I have all the symptoms. Do you know if younger people get it? I was 45 when I got sick. My shoulders hurt all the time, hips have been totally destroyed.

Pattie
  10. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

What part of Scotland are you in? We have a young friend who worked with me from Scotland, he has since gone home. He was so much fun. He came over to work at the landscaping tree service I work for. Yes I would love to be your friend too! Take care.....Pattie
  11. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

You described me so perfectly, I am always tense, no matter what my shoulders and arms and back is in knots. Always. I can wake up in the middle of the night, which I do constantly, and I am tight them too. No matter what I do I am tense. I hate this. I hurt all over. Is there a cure for the tenseness? I have had trigger point massage, but it only helps while they are doing it, by the time I get to my car to go home, it is back. I hate that!! Right now I feel like I am in a vise.
    Pattie
  12. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I have suffered lightheadedness on and off for a long time.

It got really bad last Saturday. I saw a doctor yesterday, and he ordered blood tests. Said he was testing electrolites. I'll repost if I get any more info.

Disorientation, and fibro fog, seem pretty normal for fibro, but it's always wise to consider whether your symptems may be coming from something else.
  13. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate your taking the time to post all that to me. I love your outfit. I am old enough to remember the Hippie days in the USA, and you would fit right in. You are a beautiful girl. I am sorry you are having to deal with this at such a young age. I am just glad my sons are older now and dont depend on me as much, I cannot imagine dealing with this when they were little. I have not tried any meds for my fibro, doctor did not offer me any. The low dose antidepressant sounds intersting. I have depression too so it might help both. I am just so tense all the time and I hate it. I dont sleep well either. I waken at the least sound. I dont know about that musician you mention, I will check on it. Thanks again and please keep in touch. Pattie