Fibro/ thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Oct 25, 2011.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

Need input: I was in hospital last wensday and they were treating me for vertigo when dr did blood test on throid and said your thyroid is real low when I am already taking 1 grain day to call my dr. Called my dr and dr wants me to quit taking my thyroid meds for 6 weeks . I am really scared I cut back half of it but made an appoinent to see my dr only thing the secretary told me was she wants to due an ultrasound but what does this do for me thru the holiday season????
  2. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank you jaminhealth for replying 2 me. I see my integrative dr Friday she is suppose to know alot about thyroid. I just do not know why she wants me to quit cold turkey on my meds. Especially when my blood tests show I need it ????? I do not know what a ultrasound is suppose to show. Unless she I'd looking for hoshemotoes or graves . I do not think I fit the symptoms yet but hoshemotoes runs in my moms family . So I am wanting all the input I can get so when I see her I can ask . Thank you
  3. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank you jaminhealth for replying 2 me. I see my integrative dr Friday she is suppose to know alot about thyroid. I just do not know why she wants me to quit cold turkey on my meds. Especially when my blood tests show I need it ????? I do not know what a ultrasound is suppose to show. Unless she I'd looking for hoshemotoes or graves . I do not think I fit the symptoms yet but hoshemotoes runs in my moms family . So I am wanting all the input I can get so when I see her I can ask . Thank you
  4. crickett

crickett New Member

5. crickett

crickett New Member

Jaminhealth: I do have that book stop the thyroid madness and I have been on the throid message board also . I just don't know what to due????? She is the only integrative dr that where I live at prescribes armor and who ever would raise my med when I needed it. So I'm really confused why she would want me 2 go off of my med. Unless she is checking for thyroid cancer or 2 see if my thyroid even works at all!!!! Just scared to go 6 weeks without anything
  6. crickett

crickett New Member

Well I barely made it to the dr today. I was very dizzy and nauseated the dr said the vertigo I am experience is still the vertigo and that she was upset that I have not quit my thyroid medicine cold Turkey she said that the only thing that I should experience is more fatigue!!!! And that she wants me to have a ultra sound in 6 weeks . I Asked her would I get worse she said no!!!! So just scared.