Fibro what has helped you the most?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Apr 3, 2009.

1. I know this has been posted before, but since its been awhile I thought I would post again with new meds, new people , etc. (the post above is from 2006)

What med, supplement, exercise, whatever, has helped you the most on a daily basis and in the long run?

Pls space it out, its easier to read JMO.
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

This is actually harder to answer than it should be...I take lyrica and hydrocodone as my main source of pain control.

I use heat and ice for localized pain control, ie: lower pain pain, shoulders.

For exercise I make an effort to walk at least 10 minutes on my treadmill, light yoga type stretches.

I'll try to think of other options

3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

1) Hormone replacement: thyroid hormones (T3 & T4), testosterone, & bio-identical estrogen.

2) LDN -- low dose Naltrexone.

I am 80% improved over where my health was at for many yrs. Rarely (maybe a couple evenings a yr) do I need to use my walker or cane. No longer trapped in my house for weeks at a time -- (in past flares used to lose muscle strength, couldn't do stairs). Can do moderately strenuous activities for hours at a time, and shop for up to 7 hrs. straight.

I do take a slate of supps, etc. at low doses, but I feel that the 2 factors above were most important in my improvement.

Best wishes to all.
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

B...anyone have any suggestions??

5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Heparin for hypercoagulation;

Abx for Lyme Borreliosis and coinfections -- Bartonella, mycoplasma, CPN;

Anti-malarials for Babesiosis;

B-HRT for low hormones -- Compounded T3 & T4, hydrocortisone, growth hormone, pellets of estrogen & testosterone (which I don't need anymore because of HGH);

Antifungals for yeast -- Diflucan & Nystatin;

Antivirals for EBV;

Nebulized glutathione for MCS;

Vitamin B12 shots for fatigue -- no longer have this symptom.

I am 98% better! I have no more muscle or joint pain and no more fatigue. I am sleeping better than I've ever slept in my life. My MCS is in remission for the first time in my life.

6. BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone New Member

Effexor was the best. I take Lyrica/Hydrocodone with an occasional Valium for spasms.
    Lyrica has helped, until I try to go off it and it serves up some of the worst fibro pain i ever had.