Fibro with Arthritis???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaBear3, Mar 19, 2006.

1. MamaBear3

MamaBear3 New Member

Newer to board but big question.. I was diagnosed with fibro 2 years ago, but my doc also says I have degenerative discs in neck(they are also bulging..of course)I also have extreme joint pain, both sides of body, getting worse(more joints). Was tested for RA, Lupus etc. all neg. about 6 months ago. She ruled it DJD. Anyone else have it, does it get progressively worse, could it really be something else? Doc is no help. Thanks to all who respond.

Beth
  2. MamaBear3

MamaBear3 New Member

Thank you Gigi. Just knowing someone is listening helps.
    Take care, Hope you are OK.

Beth
  3. MamaBear3

MamaBear3 New Member

Thank You for your reply. I do try to do my exercises too, and I know how the extreme pain feels, and the exhaustion.
    Thanks again for your reply, Hope you are feeling OK.

Beth
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

yes, I have fibro and arthritis and degenerative discs and facets, a vertebrae out of alignment also.

I found physical therapy helps and exercise and stretching helps.

I also take pain meds. I can't take celebrex anymore but I would if I could! It helped a lot with the pain. Yes I know the controversy over celebrex, but it was worth the risk for the pain relief for me.

I have taken a medrol dose pack a couple of times, that helps with the inflammation. Of course there are risks to those too!
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Since I was diagnosed with FM 1 1/2 years ago, I've had so many different things start up, or so it feels like. It started in my lower back after I contracted a stomach virus.

I ended up with swelling and severe pain in my knee over Xmas and had to use a cane for a few months. My elbows, wrists and hands are acting up now too. Swelling and bumps at the knuckles.

It seems it keeps hitting new places but all the other places are left tender too. Stupid disease! I've just had retesting done, xrays, bone scans, blood work, but I won't find out until I see my Rheumatologist in June.

I sympathize...

Eileen

6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I was suffering from neck issues for years...Bulged a disk at c4-5 and also had spurs...I am now classified by rheumy as having DJD and OA...One in the same I believe...

My neck has gotten worse esp. after fusion done 10 years ago...Exercises make my symptoms worse but I think I am better off doing them not cause I 'freeze up' when I don't do them at all...

I no longer drive and try to avoid situations that I use my neck more for, like climbing up stairs , bending down to pick up things, etc...(can't think of more examples, typing makes me much worse too)

I have also been tested for everything and now don't even listen to my docs that suggest EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE...I do more, I hurt more...PERIOD!!!

It's no fun that for sure...I just answered WakeMeUps post about neck crunching too...Seems today the weather has alot to do with it, it's cold and windy, an enemy for my neck as well as my other problems...

Hope you find some relief, heat is the only thing that helps me in the least...I could live with a rice sock attached to my neck...Off for now, my fog and dizziness are bad...

Peace~Alicia
  7. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

Have you been tested for Lyme disease. It can make you have athritis and many symptoms of Fibro and Lyme are the same. You could have both as I do.

Over the last year and a have I gone from Ms. on the go to bearly being able to move my neck and hands etc. Please get this checked if you have not already.

Peaceful mind and body to all!
    Marcia
  8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

The arthritis developed after the FMS. Maybe it just goes with age. My wrists, hands and fingers are so painful. I had arthoscopic on right knee 15 years ago and it failed. Now it is so weak and hurts soooo abd.

I have DJD plus Spinal Stenosis in L3, 4, 5, and 6 plus in my neck I just plain hurt!!!

i am only on naproxyn for pain and I don't like it!! i can also take Tylenol #3.

Gentle Hugs

Joan