Fibro with no test...help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ourlife, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ourlife

ourlife New Member

I have been in pain for years and went to the GP. They did bloodwork and said my ANA levels were a little high so i went to the Rheumy. He didn't touch me, do blood work or anything, he said it sounded like Lupus but it was probably Fibro and gave me a sleeping pill. I am so confused and upset. I was so hoping to get somethign for this pain. How can he just assume something.
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I'm very sorry to hear you had to experience some of what many of us have gone through. I would definitely find another Rheumy. My advice is to call the new doctor and ask if they treat FM patients. If so, ask them HOW they treat FM patients. Also, be sure to get a copy of all your records to give to the new doc.

It's scary that your doc is assuming you don't have lupus. It makes me angry that doctors think they are God-like and can assume these things. Get a second opinion. Don't waste your energy or time on this doctor. He's not worth it.

Ask your GP for pain medicine at least until you find another Rheumy. GP's don't like doing that but they will if you tell them you are trying the best you can to get treatment.

Good luck!
  3. akandmk

akandmk New Member

You need to get another doctor. This doctor sounds lazy. He can't shouldn't just assume that it isn't lupus.
  4. ourlife

ourlife New Member

Thanks, glad there is somebody out there who understands. I do have another appt. with a Rheumy but not until DEC. I am goign to take this sleeping pill and hopfully get some sleep. I guess he thinks some sleep and all my pain will go away. I have been taking Advil PM and it hasn't went away. I sit at a computer 8 hours a day and my back between my shoulder blades feels like there is a knife in my back and somebody is pushing it deeper.
    Its just nice to know i'm not alone.
  5. lukelinnmark

lukelinnmark New Member

I would find another Rheumy and get the blood work done.I would definaly want to no If I had Lupus.There is a big differants between Lupus and fm.Lupas can hit internal organs unlike fm,from what I've read about It.1 of my aunts have Lupus and from what she has said Lupus can be life theating.Don't mean to scare you.So you need to no for a fact that it is Lupus or fm.

Sorry to here about your bad luck with that Reumy.I hope you find a good 1 that will find out for sure.WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK FINDING A GOOD RHEUMY THAT Wants TO TAKE THE TIME.TAKE CARE AND HOPE YOU CAN GET SOME HELP WITH YOUR PAIN.I SURE NO WHAT THAT IS LIKE I CAN'T GET NO HELP MYSELF WITH PAIN.GOD BLESS!MARK
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2008]