FIBRO ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wayout, Aug 16, 2005.

1. wayout

wayout New Member

hi i am new here my name is betty

has anyone had to go thur heart tests because of fibro?

2. DPgirl

DPgirl New Member

When I was going through all my testing years ago, they ran every test known to man....and yes, they did an EKG. This recent flare has caused my BP to jump and stay above normal and I have high cholesterol, so on my next DR appt they have scheduled an EKG just to make sure all is well. The DR's took me off of my cholesterol meds about 5 months ago to see if they were contributing to my FM and my cholesterol went through the roof. If you have high BP or some heart problem indicators, they are probably just running the test rule out any problems there.....or if this is a new Dr for you, it is usually just part of their normal new patient or annual exam.
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Welcome to the board. I had to have a stress-test done recently because I answered truthfully to a question from my new Dr. as to whether I had ever had chest pain. I said yes, but I was pretty sure it was due to the Fibro., but he made me get a stress-test anyway, even though I had one 2 years before. They were both normal. They do have to cover all the bases.

Did your Dr. say which tests he wanted and why? Even if you think it is due to the Fibro, it is a good idea to have them done anyway, just to make sure.

Take care, Sally
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. I think some of us may have had a heart test along with lots of others with FM.

Again, a big welcome!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. rigby

rigby New Member

Welcome years ago I had EKG done but BP was always good. I also have CFS then 2 years ago for no reason My BP went up not extremely high heart rate normal but fast. Always fast. Then with in 2 weeks Had heart attack no chest pain just jaw pain vomiting and shortness of breath called 911 then past out. Find out at hospital I had heart attack.