Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelly11, Jun 12, 2008.

1. shelly11

shelly11 New Member

I was diagnosed with fm last week. I thought I just had arthritis and depression, both of which I am being treated 4. My fm dr. wants me 2 take a brain wave test and go through occupational therapy, then physical therapy. Is that advisable? I quit my job about 9 months ago because I just hurt sooo bad standing, i would go home and cry. I do have a little arthritis in my feet also and a bone spur. My arth. is also in my hip and back. My pressure points are just uncomfortable, he said i have the beginning of fm. But i ache so bad, i limp sometimes and my back is the worst. Bu i ache all over and have muscle spasms. I cant sleep, always exhausted and sometimes weak. My fm dr. won't sign anything 4 ssi until after my therapy's which could be a long time. my psychiatrist says i'm able 2 work, just wants 2 give me drugs. I've tried working many times and have so much anxiety and pain i quit in a day or 2. can anybody out there help me? thanx
  2. SnowCold

SnowCold New Member

You may want to check into some alternative therapies. There's an excellent website,, that has helpful products and consultants. Also, check for an acupuncturist and massage therapist in your area.
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Snow, I don't think we are suppose to post links here since this forum has it's own store.