Fibrofog and blip blackouts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bubblesgirl, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Hi everyone

I know many of you have the dreaded fibrofog,at present I am also experiencing very small blackouts. Nano seconds at a time,but several during the day and more noticeable at night.
    When I have had a series of these, I notice that I can't remember how to spell or get the letters in a muddle. Also my speech is often slurred or tongue tied. I say the wrong word or my sentence construction is all wrong.

Information given to me is not stored and I completely forget simple detail such as times of meetings. I am not aware of any other limb sensation loss.

I haven't discussed it with anyone yet as this is a relatively new sympton to me. I am describing it to myself as a sort of mini stroke. Has anyone else experienced anything like it?
  2. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

But I definitely have the fog and my cognitive function becomes impaired. Today for instance I spent several minutes looking for my cell phone on my desk at work. I was getting ready to call it from my office phone to track it down and a looked down and it was right there where I always have it.

I know when I'm over tired - like today - it is hard to use my brain. Last night I had very bad sleep and today I was not very productive at work. I also forget people's names alot when I get tired.

-Kathi
  3. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

....mini seizures. The after affects you describe sound a lot like what people experience coming out of one. You don't always fall down shaking, sometimes you do just black out.

Just a thought.....hope you and your doc can figure things out!

Hugs,
    Jen
  4. Tiels

Tiels New Member

Somebody can be telling me something, or I'm given instructions, I have to kind of shake my head and ask them to please repeat~~ I hate it when this happens