Fibrofog Website

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MargaretOB, Nov 1, 2006.

1. MargaretOB

MargaretOB New Member

Hi all,

I used to have a link to a website with an article written by Dr. Frank Leavitt at Rush St. Lukes in Chicago. He is a psychologist who did research into fibrofog and he published this article to the medical community a few years ago in the hopes of encouraging further research. I went to see him and get tested myself, and while it was disconcerting to fail at so many tests, it was confirming that I was not imagining it and he was so respectful.

Somehow I lost all of my bookmarks when I upgraded to WinXP. Does anybody have this link? It's a great article.

Margaret
  2. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

No. please let me know if u get the infromation. I would like to read on it. Thanks
  3. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

This may be the article you were speaking of:

DISTRACTION: Shedding Light on the Cognitive Underpinnings of Fibromyalgia Memory Loss.

Frank Leavitt, Ph.D.
    Frank_Leavitt@rush.edu

I ran across at: http://www.southportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2975a2c50c360f22ac79464ec5662fa2&p=510296#post510296

I found this interesting, thanks for bringing up. I think I have this, but I could be mistaken. lol
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2006]
  4. MargaretOB

MargaretOB New Member

Hi,

Thanks - this is the man I was talking about. The original article I had talked about the specific tests they use for memory or intelligence or depression, and which ones to apply, how to interpret the data. I believe it had a sign-in book with hundreds of entries over the years from FMS patients. It looks like what you have found here is a summary of his ideas - maybe more useful for us here.

It is encouraging to see some research is being done, isn't it?

Margaret