FibroFog @ work...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cpdwife1519, Dec 13, 2009.

1. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

I just joined this forum and need a huge support base because I am feeling sort of alone with this new found diagnosis of having this fog that comes n goes like the wind.

At work I am having mental blocks and sort of black out of the thought process I am in while doing a task or many there of ( tasks) there something we can take over the counter that will help? Not meaning VIT C OR B ETC but something that helps with keeping the fog at bay?
    Im a dispatcher and cannot have this going on ...its getting worse. Thought to post!

Thanks friends
  2. loto

loto Member

He cpdwife.
    Welcome to this board. You'll get lots of support and help here.

I'm not sure what OTC med we can take for this fog.
    Just wanted you to know I experience the same thing.
    I know someone will post with an answer for you, and me as well!! I never thought to ask anyone!!!!

Take care, hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

3. canap

canap New Member

You definately came to the right place there are so many wonderful people here who have

been there done that and will give you alot of great information. I read here daily but don't

post alot as there are so many with much more experience with fibro than me but here goes.

I also have Fog issues and it seems to depend on how well I sleep. I have a memory foam

mattress pad, a feather bed and a heating mattress pad which helps alot. I take meds to

help me sleep so can't help you there.

I have been unable to work since late 2007 and on disability pension. I'm very happy to hear

that you are still able to work and hope you aren't in too much pain doing so.
  4. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Thank you for the responses. Although yes I am in alot of pain daily and its mind numbing as well as body numbing, w/the fog I get ugggh its annoying --Im a rehire and I am still on probationary status and in their training on a new system at work. They are getting frustrated w/me because I cannot get them to understand my fibro or the fog issues. I donno what to do!
  5. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

Welcome to our message boards. There are a lot of very warm, informative people here, so we're sure you'll find some helpful advice.

We wanted to point you to an article that you may want to read:

"Nutritional Approaches in Fibromyalgia – Dr. Mark Pellegrino on Deficiencies, Symptoms, and Supplement Strategies"

In the section about FibroFog, Dr. Pellegrino recommends:
    • Colostrum
    • Ginkgo biloba
    • Vinpocetine
    • Acetyl-L-carnitine
    • Phosphatidyl serine

These are all available in our online store, if you need a resource.

And here is an article that takes more of a strategic approach to dealing with FibroFog:

"Lifting the Fog: Dealing with Cognitive Problems in Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS"

We hope you find some relief, and again, welcome to our message boards.

- ProHealth
  6. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I give up bread - that helps me.

7. astroherb

astroherb New Member

I addressed a candida problem by eating a very low carb diet and taking probiotics. It took awhile, but I rarely have fibrofog any more--only when I become extra tired.

Hope this helps.
  8. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Yes thanks for your responses....fog is not as bad as my FATIGUE omg good lord is it bad.
    For my age I get that I should not be this bad per se' I am wanting a nap every two hrs.
    At work the fog will set in , then subside then come back on the next four hours. I work eight total....and my position I was told must require mandatory OT. I wont be able to ....
    I gotta get into my fibro dr. I dont know how to "ASK" what I need mandated to my higher ups.
    I cant do over time and I cant work nights /midnights. what do I say?
  9. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

10. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

thanks I went to our bj's here and they didnt have the ge pills I bought vit d though and my husband bought fish oil for the heart.

PITATOO Member

I have been having the same issue for many years. I heard the form of B12 that passes the blood brain barrier may help, it is methylcobolomin I believe. I have not tried it yet, it is still expensive. But I have been a computer programmer/analyst/manager for 25 years and find it is getting worse and worse. I also lose everything. I have to keep a list of everything. Every meeting I have I take a tape recorder into. If I have a meeting online I make sure it is a "live" meeting so I can record it. I save every message I get on Instant Messenger so I can go back and look. I make it a habit of first thing in the am to see if I forgot anything from the night before and before going home at night I make sure I make a list and put it right on my keyboard so I don't forget that I have a list. I have been at my current job for almost a year and only really messed up once. I am currently going through the process of starting BHRT, testosterone(I'm male, but some women need a little), IGF1, etc. Have been on RHGH - Recombinant Human Growth Hormone for over a year now. I had a lot of water gain at first, but is better on herbs, now my Dr. has just done all the tests for PSA etc. for any prostate issues and wants me on TESTIM, which is a gel for men. There is a great book by Suzanne Somers - breakthrough - I think it is a key to FMS/CFIDS and most diseases. Anyways there are some herbs etc, that are for brain function but I have tried most of them with no good response. I think good sleep really helps, not only does it repair your body but your mind. I also keep my mind/brain very busy all the time, reading etc - some thoughts
  12. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

thank you so much for the responses. I cant even gather all the words in my head I wish to say -ieieiei!

first off yes I think itsmore cognitive function and memory they are complaining about at work but yes I have to do shift work & over time...if needed. I already know I wont be able to hand more than 12hrs on a shift...and that means for the time being me coming in at 230pm and leaving normally at 1030pm, but if asked to stay oveer maybe until 230am at times 630am.
    I dont think I'll be able to handle it when earlier in the yr ( 09) I thought Icould maybe ...handle it. But Im worse fms/cfs now ----
    I also need my meds changed. I also filed ADA at work but not hearing back yet from anyone w/my city.
  13. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

Well tomorrow I have to go into see the main boss :(
  14. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I know how you feel cpdwife1519. I have been in the same profession for over 20 years. I can barely keep my head above water. I hardly make the quota and my quality is on the low-average level now.

Of note, I used to excel way beyond my quotas and my work quality was always near 100%. I was even a supervisor at one point!!

I was diagnosed with FM about 5 years ago.......and I have never been the same.