Fibroid Tumors anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gracieathome, Dec 10, 2002.

1. gracieathome

gracieathome New Member

Went to the emergency room on Friday with SEVERE abdominal pain. After numerous tests discovered I have Fibroid Tumors on /in uterus. Any other fibromites have this? They think one ruptured. Been on anti-inflamatories, and percocet since. Better now, but darn that hurt.
  2. gracieathome

gracieathome New Member

Went to the emergency room on Friday with SEVERE abdominal pain. After numerous tests discovered I have Fibroid Tumors on /in uterus. Any other fibromites have this? They think one ruptured. Been on anti-inflamatories, and percocet since. Better now, but darn that hurt.
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

I had endometriosis when I was younger and had several surgeries for it. Then I had a football sized tumor on one ovary and had the tumor, ovary and tube removed. I also had uterine fibroids, and the year after that surgery, the pain and bleeding, not to mention the swelling in my belly, was so bad I had a total hysterectomy. I didn't even realize it was the fibroids that were making my middle larger, I thought I was gaining weight! I had pain that would literally double me over and bring me to my knees. The only regret I ever had about my hysterectomy is that I didn't do it sooner.
    I hope you feel better.

Karen
  4. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hello Gracie,
    Yes, I too had tons of fibroids,inside the uterous and outside. I had a rather large one sitting on top of my bladder. Caused alot of pain and always had to go to the ladies numerous times a day. I had an old Dr. who never checked but always said my uterous was enlarged but not to worry. Thank goodness he retired and my new Doctor and I decided to do a complete historectomy because of severe pain and bleeding. That was four years ago and I feel so much better. I had it one week before turning 50. I am 54 now and haven't missed all that stuff for one minute. Sorry to hear you have them. Soft hugs and a wish for you to have a great week.
    Sandy
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

Suffered from severe anemia because of them. Couldn't take enough iron to make up for the blood loss. Finally had the uterus removed and felt sooooooo much better was sorry I waited to have it done. It was tough surgery because back then had to have adomonal incision that is at least 8"long but it was all worth it.
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I had them bad and had to have a partial hyst in the early 90's. Nowadays they discourage hyst's except for a last ditch treatment. They have other things that work better.

Marilyn :)
  7. Joannie

Joannie New Member

I just had my left tube and ovary removed in emergency surgery in September due to he fibroid stuff. Terribly painful. Now they would like to do a total hysterectomy for what they call edenomyosis, or fibroid cysts inside the uterus. It has caused a lot of pain for many years I think but they didn't know that it was from all of this. I had it so bad on the outside of the uterus that it had my bowels connected to my uterus wall. Uggg. I hope you are feeling better soon and get everything taken care of.
    Joannie
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

from a total hysterectomy. I had a fibroid last year and the dr. performed a D&C. This year they found another one, larger than the first. It was really bothering me. I had a total hysterectomy last month. I feel better now and stopped bleeding. I know it was an extreme thing to do, but I didn't want to have to keep having D&C's. I hope you are feeling better!!!!
  9. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

My Uterine fibroid is about the size of a lime or tangerine I am told. It was discovered when I was pregnant in March of '99 after my car accident which later lead to FM and CMP. I miscarried 6 weeks later.

I still have the fibroid