Fibroids? I had the Uae (Fibroid embolization) done

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I had very heavy bleed major clots so I had the UAE done where the blood supply is cut off, back in April. The bleeding has cut down by at least 50%! Condeliza Rice had it done too.

Just wanted to share the info. Some fibroids will shrink on their own during menopause and the fibroid well still be there inside. Some people don't want the embolization done cause they don't want the dead fibroid in them but the fibroid stays in you and dies during menopause.

Embolization has been done for 20 years for women who have had major bleeding while giving birth and the bleeding had to be stopped immediately.

Rene
  2. neen85

neen85 New Member

Bump...Daneen
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

I talked to the Dr today and asked him how the fibroid is doing and he said it is dying which is goood!!

Fibroids die when you go into mynopause and most women wait till then and suffer with heavy bleeding hoping is shrinks and dies while going through the change.
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Rene,

I'm glad you aren't having such heavy bleeding anymore.

I was having that problem, too. It was so bad that I couldn't go anywhere during my periods.

I had a fibroidectomy and, at the same time, a proceedure called endometrial ablation. This wouldn't work for someone who wanted to have children, but it was a miracle for me. I was 50 at the time. It was outpatient surgery. The procedure started at 9AM and I was home by 1PM. No pain involved.

I almost stopped having periods entirely after that. What a relief. It's an alternative to having a hysterectomy to stop heavy bleeding.

Just wanted to put that information out there, since the subject is fibroids.

Thanks for the topic!

Francie
  5. Rene

Rene New Member

yes Francie I heard about your procedure too. Glad it worked. I didn't want them to remove my fibroid as its a big deal and then after all that it can grow back and often does.

Plus if you have small fibroids that wouldn't be removed and then they would get bigger. UAE cuts off all the blood supply to all fibroids big or small and they don't grow back!
  6. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I have a small fibroid in my uterus they want to remove, but I have been putting it off due to just having my gallbladder out. I'm not ready to go through surgery again just yet.

My periods are very heavy, and I have to take iron pills.