fibrokimm now in Tennessee, just checking in...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrokimm, Dec 12, 2002.

1. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

I'm just checking in...i have been in Jackson Tennesse for almost 3-4 weeks. I am living with my parents because of unforseen problems with the house I was moving into. Hopefully I will move in right before xmas. For now I am using my mother's computer. I must say I have missed all of you and the comfort that this board has given me.

It has been a real adjustment moving from Florida to Tennesse, but for the most part I have held up better than I thought I would. My biggest complaint is the adjustment to the weather change. I must say it has made a world of difference to have more family support...I have been less deppressed and have had overall more energy than I did living alone in Florida.

I am looking forward to getting into my own space and getting things unpacked and having a greater sense of normalcy and familiarity in my living surroundings. I do however, have to rememeber that God is in charge and things are happening at the pace that they should even if I don't always agree.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend the one local, monthly fibro meeting here in Jackson Tennessee, so I will shoot for the month of January.

I have not made contact with a fm doctor and need to get on that asap, otherwise I will be going back to see my doctor in Florida in January. As my medication inventory decreases I am getting a bit more anxious and I can not afford to find myself with out my meds particularly the oxy.

In addition, I have not been able to pursue any of my goals for the fibromyalgia Art show and I am anxious to begin this project, which will take place in the month of May 2003.

Well enough for now, will keep you all informed of my whereabouts and ventures. God Bless.

Luv,
    fibrokimm
  2. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

I'm just checking in...i have been in Jackson Tennesse for almost 3-4 weeks. I am living with my parents because of unforseen problems with the house I was moving into. Hopefully I will move in right before xmas. For now I am using my mother's computer. I must say I have missed all of you and the comfort that this board has given me.

It has been a real adjustment moving from Florida to Tennesse, but for the most part I have held up better than I thought I would. My biggest complaint is the adjustment to the weather change. I must say it has made a world of difference to have more family support...I have been less deppressed and have had overall more energy than I did living alone in Florida.

I am looking forward to getting into my own space and getting things unpacked and having a greater sense of normalcy and familiarity in my living surroundings. I do however, have to rememeber that God is in charge and things are happening at the pace that they should even if I don't always agree.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to attend the one local, monthly fibro meeting here in Jackson Tennessee, so I will shoot for the month of January.

I have not made contact with a fm doctor and need to get on that asap, otherwise I will be going back to see my doctor in Florida in January. As my medication inventory decreases I am getting a bit more anxious and I can not afford to find myself with out my meds particularly the oxy.

In addition, I have not been able to pursue any of my goals for the fibromyalgia Art show and I am anxious to begin this project, which will take place in the month of May 2003.

Well enough for now, will keep you all informed of my whereabouts and ventures. God Bless.

Luv,
    fibrokimm
  3. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi fibrokimm:
    Welcome to Tennessee; I think it's the most beautiful state there is!!!! However, due to personal problems, we had to move back to northern Minnesota. Talk about a culture shock and temperature change!!!!! I went from warm to COLD. It was -20 last week, but is a balmy 32 degrees today. I must say that living in the warmer climate of tennessee did not help my fibro like I thought it would. I think the high humidity played a big part in my pain down there. I still hurt like blazes up here, but no worse than in the warmer climate.
    I hope you make all the adjustments and give Tn. a try. I loved it while we were there. We lived in Dickson, Tn, about 30 miles west of Nashville. I f you can get to Nashville, I know a highly recommended doctor, rheumatologist, in Nashville named Dr. Hillary Kaplan, of the Vanderbilt Medical Hospital. She does alot of reach but sees patients too and helped a friend of mine. I was all set to see her, but had to move quickly. So even though I haven't seen her, you might benefit from it. Good luck. I know it's great to be close to your family too.
    welcome!
    northwoodssue
  4. kay

kay New Member

I live in Knoxville, so if you are ever in this area you'll have to give me a holler. Addy under bio. :)))Linda
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good to have an update from you. Seems like you will have some people from the board in your state.

I know its exciting to get your own place, that sounds great.

Best of luck, and try to keep us updated on your happenings!

Shalom, Shirl