Fibromick, Lilac, Janalynn.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, May 13, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Thank you for your kind inquiries about my dear cat, Jazz. I didn't post this on the original thread about snakes because it was too much of a fun thread and I didn't want to dampen the mood any more.

But no, I haven't found him yet and am quite certain that one of the neighbor's hunting dog got him since I heard the dog barking and cutting up Sunday night in the woods where I last saw my baby go to. He is neutered so does not go tom catting or anything like that and ALWAYS comes home before dark. I am just so sad and have been searching for him through those woods several times a day. I'm so tired...
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your lost kitty. I am hoping to that she will be found safe and sound soon. I forgot to mention it on the "snake thread" but I felt so sorry when you mentioned it.

I know when I was a child we had sweet kitty and he must have been picked up or something, as he was such a sweet cat too. She just diappeared !! Hopefully, if she was taken she will at least be safe but I know how you will miss her. They are just like our children, aren't they ?

I hope you find her soon !!

Blessings and hugs,
  3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

about your dear kitty. It just breaks my heart to hear that the dogs may have got him. Lots of hugs for you my dear, I'm so very sorry about your fur baby!
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I lost a cat to a cayote once-this guy just thought he was a rabbit I guess. I hope this is not the case for you. I had a male cat go missing for more than a week and turns out he had gotten in someones garage and they closed the door on him. This is why I have the Catios now, so they can go outdoors and not get out to the wide world.

I hope he turns up.

Also I usually post this time of year to remind people to keep cats and small dogs in mid May thru mid June as cayotes are feeding their young then and due to deforestations, lack of rodents etc they will take small animals. In the wild Cayotes live a great deal on berries and mice and such, it is really as we have overbuilt that their natural hunting grounds are diminishing and they are having to move close in to houses.

I found all of this out too late as the cayote came right up to the porch.

However, they cannot climb trees and often a cat that has been scared by one will climb a tree and stay up a while then run off a distance prior to coming back.

I would certainly be checking local pounds etc by going personally as I have located cats and dogs the shelters said were not there and they were!

Good luck, Annie
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

You don't need to thank me, but you are welcome.

I too wish that your kitty would just show up at your door soon. I will keep on praying that this will happen.

Lots of Hugs,

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh I'm sorry you haven't found your sweet kitty yet.
    I know how you feel..I haven't lost a kitty, but have lost my dog years ago. We never knew what happened.

Do not lose hope yet...
    we'll all say a prayer for him.
  7. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Well, it's been 4 days now and still no sign of him. I was so hoping that I'd wake up this morning to the sound of him opening my screen door. In my mind, I could hear it but was saddened because it was only in my mind. You know, like how you can still hear the sound of someone's voice who has passed.

Any way, I must realize that my baby is not coming home, but I have now focused my attention on a new neighbor who just lost his Lab yesterday. So I hve been driving all over the neighborhood helping him find his dog. So now with that and trying to find homes for these two puppies somone hauled off at my house, I'm able to have something else to focus on.

I had a picture of my Jazz as my desktop and just changed that because it was too painful for me to see when I turned on my PC.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2008]
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh' I'm sorry to hear about Jazz!!,,,I'm Praying for you!,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Please don't give up hope yet. Can you put any "missing" signs up anywhere to let people know to look out for him. That may help a little. Anything is worth a try to get your baby back.

With all you are going through to help out someone else look for their missing pet you are just an angel of a person. How nice is that????

I am still praying that Jazz is alright and will show up and surprise you Kath.

Love ya,