Fibromickster THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Juloo, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

Just wanted to pass along that since your reply re: Effexor XR yesterday (that there's a generic, non-time release form), you have just saved me $50 this month. My practitioner has given me a one-month trial prescription to see if I can tolerate it well. I'm sincerely hoping that I do. My husband is on Effexor XR as well, but at a twice-high dose. His prescription is current, but when it runs out, he's going to talk to his doc about a switch as well.

I figure that will save us at least $1500 a year if we're both able to use the generic instead.

Big thanks for your comment -- it really lit a fire for me!
  2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is so awesome. I am so glad I helped you. I think everyone would like to save money these days especially to make up for the high gas prices.

My practitioner changed me in the middle of my prescription from 75 miligrams a day to 150 miligrams a day. They do have the generic for the 150 miligrams too. You still have to take it twice a day and if you forget you will know because you will get really dizzy.

You ought to call your insurance company too, if I order the 3 month supply it is only 25.00. Even cheaper than getting it one month at a time and it is delivered directly to your door. (i have united healthcare - mail delivery is through Medco). I also get my folic acid that way too.

Good luck and I am so happy I was able to help you Juloo!!!!! God Bless