Fibromyalgia, Agent Orange, and VA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brickley, Nov 23, 2006.

1. brickley

brickley New Member

Has anyone been successful in associating Fibromyalgia and Agent Orange to the VA? I am on 10% disability for Diabetes type 2 related to Agent Orange and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. If there is any help in ProHealth land for me to use in a claim, I (along with thousands of Vets) would be eternally grateful.
  2. Gosia

Gosia New Member

Hello Brickley

Did you try a claim for depression ( PTSD ).

Good luck.
  3. brickley

brickley New Member

To gosia,

Thank you for your reply. I thought about it but I don't think that I qualify.

To -ouch-,

Thank you for your lengthy reply. I was in South Viet Nam, '70-'71.
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Hi
    I am a military wife my husband is retired Army.
    I also have CFS/FM I believe they go together.You might want to try for a Depression disability %. All of these things have a % of depression involved with them. Have you gone to a Mental Health Doctor? I would ASAP there are many here that have medically retired because of Fibromyalgia if they can claim SS you should also be able to claim .CFS can happen to a person that has any chronic illness.
    Also there have been people die and Agent Orange has been put on their death certificate as a cause of death.
    I would not know how to prove it maybe talking to your Military Associations like NCOA or VFW.
    I am sorry you are going threw all this .I wish you better health.
    I personally believe CFS/FM is connected or the same as Gulf War Syndrome.
    But you would probably be able to claim depression faster then trying to prove any of those. Good Luck.
  5. brickley

brickley New Member

To carebelle and gosia,

Uncle! I looked into depression. I thought that it was tied into pessimism. Basically I am an optimist although I have sleep disorders and concentration problems to name a couple of symptoms. There is then clinical depression.