Fibromyalgia and Chest Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gumama, Feb 19, 2003.

1. gumama

gumama New Member

can any of you describe for me if you have chest pain and what it feels like ..

I had my heart checked out a year ago and everything is fine.. I am a breast Cancer survivor and the chest pain goes through to my back and down the arm of my surgery... it seems worse when I do repetitive things. like crocheting,cleaning house etc..

I'm interested in what some of you go through with it as well.

Sandy
  2. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

I have chest pains almost every day. Mine feel like sharp stabbing pain. The area is just under and above my left breast and sometimes extends up toward my shoulder. I feel my heart racing sometimes when this pain occurs. I had an EKG, Ultrasound of Heart and a stress test. They tell me my heart is fine. Each time I get this pain I have to remind myself that my heart is fine. Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

it goes down my arm and up into the side of my neck. Naturally I assumed it was my heart. but, everything checked out OK so now I just ignore it. It is an extremely sharp pain and will come and go every 10 to 20 second sometimes for over an hour. Then it usually keeps coming back for the rest of the day, then it will stop just as suddenly as it started and I might not have it again for months. When I have my pains I am almost always "at rest", not doing anything that is physically exerting.

Dara
  4. pamela

pamela New Member

it scared me at first because I did not know why I was having these strange aches and burning pains. It's mainly on my right side (where i had the wreck) and it's right under my breast and behind it. Sometinmes it goes up into my shoulder and neck. If I eat food or take meds that I have a reaction to its real bad and also is around my colon area (right side). I've been scoped and all that had my kidneys and liver checked and everything was ok. Wierd...Pamela
  5. JP

JP New Member

I have chest pain right now...good time for a description! It feels like someone is standing in the center of my chest. I feel the pain all the way through. My arms feel quite week, especially the left arm. I breathe shallow because I can't breath deeply. I feel like my lungs have about 1/2 the capacity for air. Sometimes the pain is much worse. It has been a daily experience lately. I have not been checked out...seems like just another symptom.

Hope this helps...jan
  6. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I just started maybe a month having these chest pains. Its on the left side way above my heart, but it's like a sudden stabbing pain that last for a few seconds then goes away.

It sometime makes me gasp or jump.

Laura
  7. IngyW68

IngyW68 New Member

I also got checked out for chest pains. I had an Echocardiagram done as well as chest x-rays but everything was fine. I realized I had started to take American ginseng for energy in new One A Day Energy vitamins and that's when the pain started. So, after a few weeks of stopping that, my symptoms went away. It is a bummer because it really helped with energy. So, maybe I should try Chinese ginseng or Panax ginseng.

Anyone else try those before?

Hang in there Sandy. I hope you feel better soon.

Ingrid
  8. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

I have a chronic ache under my left collarbone. Sometimes I get stabs of pain it feels like in my heart but could be chest wall pain? I can't sleep on my left side most times as the left side is too sore/achy and also it makes my heart feel like it jumps at times. Sometimes the pain under the left collarbone moves to my left shoulder & under my left shoulder blade in back. Once a great while I get right side chest pain but it doesn't seem to be chronic or last as long. It is under my right collarbone as well. I have had extensive testing done and they found nothing wrong with me. Doctor said it may be FMS but when she tested me for the tender points last fall I didn't have any. I have symptoms of CFIDS also. No fun huh?
  9. healing

healing New Member

Sandy, I get so many different chest pains, it would be hard to describe them all. I've even had an angiogram. But it's the FMS causing it. There was a thread on this several weeks ago. You might be interested in looking it up via the "search" function.
  10. pearls

pearls New Member

My chest pain is chronic and also feels like someone is standing on and into my chest right between my breasts, but rarely all the way to the back. For me it is a very painful and debilitating ache, which also takes away my meager supply of energy and strength. Even carrying my purse is difficult when the ache is bothering me. My oxycontin and hydrocodone now keep it under control most of the time, I'm happy to say, though I'm having chest pain right now that my hydrocodone has not been able to beat with my meds. (I'm under tremendous stress at work right now.)

I've had chest x-rays, Holter monitor tests, echocardiograms, nuclear treadmill, chest CTs, and a heart cathetization angiogram, as well as a number of other tests, such as spinal x-rays, gastroentestinal and pulmonary tests. I'm normal in every way except for mild asthema, a small hiatal hernia, and a few stomach polyps. Oh, I forgot some heartbeat irregularities that don't mean much to cardiologists. All this was prior to my Dx of fibromyalgia.

-Pearl
  11. Dara

Dara New Member

have you been "checked out" to be sure that your pain is just from the FM? The reason I'm asking is that you said you felt short of breath and that your arm felt weak. Seems to me those are two symptoms that I was told you really should have checked out just to be on the safe side.

Dara
  12. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I receently went through the chest pain analysis process.
    Not only do I have FMS, but during my stress test and echocardiogram it was discovered I had mild asthma and
    mitral valve prolapse. Any of the three can cause chest pain. Doing my internet research, a high percentage of FMS sufferers also have MVP. Go have yourself checked.
  13. Lau

Lau New Member

Sandy
    I have also had episodes of chest pain that are very frightening. For me they seem to come in clusters. I may have this pain on and off for a few days or a week and then they seem to disappear for a while. The way I usually discribe it is simular to labor pain. Sometimes it starts in my back and radiates foward, also up towards my neck. It is very servere and scary-I was convinced I was having a heart attach at first. I did follow thru with stress test that was negative, and have never really had an explaination as to what causes this, like every other symptom "probably nothing to worry about 'just fibromyalgia'.
    Hope you feel better

Lau

14. gumama

gumama New Member

Thanks Lau

I was beginning to think I was the only one that had this in clusters.. had I not seen your name I would have thought I had written your post.... I had an Echo test done a year ago and the Cardio said everything was fine...

your right it is scary when your chest hurts and it goes through to your back etc.. mine seems to have a mind of its own.. it comes for a while as you said and then disappears just a mysteriously....

thanks.its nice to know I'm not the only one going through this... my Daughter has Fibro as well and she has some of the same pains but a little different...

thanks again
    Sandy