Fibromyalgia and divorce

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by maragrace, Feb 3, 2006.

1. maragrace

maragrace New Member

I filed for divorce a couple of months ago. I have had fibromyalgia for several years, with 2 major exacerbations in the past year, necessitating that I leave my job both times. Has anyone here gone through a divorce, and how did your fibromyalgia and your inability to hold a full-time job affect your settlement, etc. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

maragrace:
    I went through that and was eventually divorced. Sick as a dog I told my attorney to rake my husband over the coals.
    Evidently leaving a sick wife does not fare well in the courtroom. I took almost everything.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. maragrace

maragrace New Member

Thank you for your response. It sounds like you did well in your divorce settlement. I hope allis going well for you now
  4. maragrace

maragrace New Member

Thank you for your response. It was a difficult decision to make, but I think in the long run it will be better for me, as my husband has been unsupportive, and lacking compassion for me ever since I became ill, first with Hashimotos thyroiditis, then fibromyalgia.
    I live in Ct., if any one has experience with divorce from that state.
    Thanks to all again
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and it looks like yu will not be lookig at child support as an issue that that reallys a relief in asens..divorce with children is really emotional for everyone involoved...

so you will be looking at spousal support and dividing property...you could google your state about divorce laws in connecticate...

i have one regret in my divorce i should have been more tough on the spousal support issue, but i though i wasn't getting child support att he time so how was i going to think i could get spousal support...so stated that i did not want anymore after my son graduated high school...the court suggested amedical review like in five years...and then we could reconvine at that time...

but i also was looking to get my husband to agree to let me leave the state with our son...which he did...i don't think i really need to do the spousal support like i did..but it is all done and i will have to make due...

good luck

jodie