Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center - Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kfinn2, Aug 5, 2005.

1. kfinn2

kfinn2 New Member

Does anyone know anything about FFC-Los Angeles, or any of the FFC's for that matter? I was thinking about making an appointment, but then I saw an email where someone said that their dr wouldn't take them off Diflucan even the the side effects were really bad. Which FFC was that at?

Kelly
  2. urge2soar

urge2soar New Member

I also had a great interest in FFC's and was advised via this board to use the search box on the left upper corner. Just type in FFC or spell it out and you will find many who have gone.

Best of luck
    soaring
  3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Yes, I live in San Diego and have been trying to watch the posts concerning the FFC's. I have mixed emotions concerning what I have read. It is very expensive and I know that my HMO won't pick up the costs.

I would like to ask my PCP what he thinks and the type of blood tests that they run. He said that there would be new meds to help with FM but probably not til four or five years.

I hope you find some help on this board. Good luck !
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Kelly,

I go to the one in Atlanta and my doctor has been really great about changing scripts if I needed to. In fact, I
    was taking one med. for Candida and it was making me feel terrible so she switched over to Diflucan.

For years I thought I had FM and was diagnosed with Lyme disease a couple of weeks ago from the center. They are so thorough with blood work and the staff are really caring and understanding about our problems.

To me, they are worth every penny!

Sandy

Sandy