Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers, Inc

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by grandmavicki, Apr 10, 2009.

1. grandmavicki

grandmavicki New Member

I have had fibromyalgia for almost 15 years and have seen MD's, acupuncturists, chiropractors, and homeopaths. I have tried numerous medications and natural remedies that help for awhile but don't seen to continue to work or have side effects that are as bad as the fibromyalgia. My symptoms are getting worse in spite of the numerous things that I have tried. I found this site on the internet and was wondering if anyone has gone to one of these clinics. I am looking at the Holtorf Medical Group in Torrance, CA since I live in Southern CA. Like a lot of doctors, they don't take insurance, so this will be out of pocket payment for me. I am getting desperate for help but wonder if what they say on their website is "to good to be true". I would appreciate any feedback!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to.

I've been here 4 or 5 years. This topic comes up at least once a year. Various opinions
    have been expressed.

My recollection is that most people reported spending a lot of money and not getting
    much in the way of recovery. One poster said, "Don't even think of going there w/o
    $5,000 in cash."

A couple people reported that they, or a family member, had recently started w/ a CFS
    clinic. They never came back to give us a final report.

That's about all I can tell you. By the way, we are practically neighbors. I live in the Silverlake/
    Echo Park area.

Good luck

Rock
  3. immorethanfms

immorethanfms New Member

Not all they say they are. I went to one in Connecticut; it's really just the AMWAY of the Vitamin World. They want to give weekly injections of vitamins and supplements, but they only check your labs for the initial consult. Each IV bag is anywhere from $160- $ 180. They also want you to take their supplements, which came out to about $1200. I thought they'd be giving more info on day to day life strategies, but they're really just about the money. We paid our consult fee and didn't look back!