Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gettingwell, May 30, 2008.

1. gettingwell

gettingwell New Member

has anyone been treated at one of these centers? I would love to hear about your experiences. Do they use antivirals?
  2. Debdelo

Debdelo New Member

Very expensive and very hard sell. Impressed if you were a millionaire and had the time. Vitamins were inflated in price, pushed drips, etc. Went once - spent 800.00 - never went back and never felt better.

BILLCAMO New Member

that the FFC has had a very regular "turn-over" of DRS.

Why do the DRS. leave ?

Blessings ,

4. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Do a search for it, you will see many other experiences. I was desperate, glad I went, but did have issues. Still go, just not as often. I am better.

5. Juloo

Juloo Member

I've seen Dr. Bullington since Nov. 2004 (?) I think. I like Dr. B. She diagnosed my Lyme and was able to put together all the information I had from working with many practitioners (both med. and alternative) from over the years -- thyroid, other hormones, Lyme, EBV, cpn, sleep issues, other defifciencies, etc., etc.) and come up with a plan. I'm pretty much now on maintenance -- still with some issues, but am definitely doing better than when I started.

I manage to get up to Atlanta about once a year, with a couple of phone consultations during.

As to antivirals -- I had already been on Valtrex for about two years when I started at FFC. I did switch to another antiviral. Also did a year of cycling through antibiotics and natural supplements for the Lyme and CPN. Xyrem for sleep. Lots of stuff.

I've never had Dr. Bullington push IVs (which I do once a year) or supplements, however, I am a person who is not easily 'pushed' into anything. Every time I've asked a question, I get an answer, and I have the option to make a decision.

Other people have had different experiences, but mine have been positive.
  6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

My good friend in Seattle went there it was suppose to be one of the best.

It cost her $400.-$600. a visit. She thought at first that she was a bit better then she got sicker then a dog, and couldn't get past it, she lost much weight and she was tiny to begin with.

She continued to get sicker and sicker, spending more and more money as insurance wouldn't pay for it.

She finally dropped out. Then she ask them to write her a letter for SSD, they wanted almost $300. just to write a letter. She told them to shove it.
  7. annade

annade New Member

I went to the Holtorf Medical Center in Torrance, CA for about six months. I spent thousands of dollars and in the end only felt sicker. They had me taking so many different things(anticoagulants, thyroid meds., sleep meds., diflucan, and a bunch of supplements). My body did not respond well to the thryoid med or to the heparin injections and as a result I ended up in the ER twice in reaction to the combo of meds and dosages that they had me on. I was initially very hopeful, but in the end was only in a worse physical state than before I started. This is just my experience, but I would not recommend the group I went to see.