fibromyalgia and infertility

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BexinTex, Jun 23, 2009.

1. BexinTex

BexinTex New Member

I heard this from an Endocrinologist... people have fibro/cfs have trouble conceiving. Has anyone else heard this? .. and for the ladies - if you had fibro when you were in your child bearing years, did you experience any sort of infertility?

2. jmq

jmq New Member

In my 30's I went through years of fertility treatment and finally adopted my daughter. I had mild symptoms of the fibro back then but I did not know what it was....Then at 50 years old and menapause...FM hit me like a brick wall. I am convinced Fibro is connected to hormones as well as other factors, like thyroid problems ( which I also had )

jmq
  3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Besintex & JMQ,

I've read that even relatively mild adrenal insufficiency can result in infertility, even in otherwise healthy women. Many with CFS and/or FM have varying degrees of adrenal weakness, and could be why they have trouble conceiving.

Best, Wayne
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've had hormonal imbalances ever since I first started getting the FM symptoms. I have never been able to have kids with this disease.

All these years later, they have now found I have uterine fibroids, and the doc thinks I've had that all along. And she's now testing me for a pituitary tumor because she said my hormone tests are indicative of one.

But I never had problems until I got the Fibro symptoms. Whatever caused all this in me, that's when it all started together. I had Fibro symptoms, plus POTS symptoms, and irregular bleeding and stomach problems. Like the list goes on.
  5. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I've had FM since age 15. I had 2 children at 27 and 31. I'm 57 and still in pain after all these years....Unbelievable.