Fibromyalgia and Mercury Poisoning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melissmb, Oct 10, 2007.

1. melissmb

melissmb New Member

Check out this site and tell me what you think. I just came upon it today and all the symptoms of FMS and CFS are the same as mercury poisoning. Hmmmm..?? what Do you think!?
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I don't have time to check out this site, but I can tell you that in addition to candida and lyme, I have heavy metal poisoning mostly mercury.

I have had all my amalgams removed and am now detoxing my metals. I would advise those with CFS and FM to look into this possibility especially if they have candida or parasites. Those go hand in hand with mercury.

Mercury effects the immune system and my doctor believes that it;s extremely important to address this issue in order to get well.

3. carriestrahler

carriestrahler New Member

I, too, read some info. a while back about this subject. I have 5 old fillings. I recently went to a dentist about my TMJ and asked him and he said it was unlikely, but I'm not so sure. Thanks for bringing up the subject.

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My doctor practices preventive medicine and uses traditional and wholistic approach. He found my heavy metals with a hair analysis which also told him which minerals I had deficiencies in.

Then I went to a wholistic dentist which is very important to do. Almost any dentist will remove mercury fillings, but they need to take special precautions so that both you and he does not get too much exposure to the mercury during removal. There is special equipment involved.

Most dentists will tell you mercury is safe but I don't believe it to be true. There are some countries in Europe who have banned the use of mercury and I have definatly had some benefits after removal and so has my sister.

The key is to address all known issues. The problem is figuring out what those issues are. They are all connected. I know some who have had mercury removed, but didn't experience any noticable benefits. Perhaps they have other issues that they aren't aware of that they also need to address like candida or lyme or EBV or mycoplasma. Some have had the amalgams removed but didn't chelate the mercury so it's most likely still in thier system. You have to remove fillings first and then chelate.

I have my mercury removed, so my immune function has improved which is helping me to recover from candida and lyme. I am also supplementing my mineral deficiencies and am doing much better! There are patients that my doctor sees who do not want to go through the process of having amalgams removed due to expense or other reasons who are not faring as well.

My sister got rid of her candida after having her amalgams removed. That was enough to convince me to do it as well. I have a major candida issue and have read about those who remove amalgams and then recover from candida issues.

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 10/11/2007</i>]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In another post, FMS and CFIDS can mimic other conditions and coexist with them as well. It's really difficult to settle on a diagnosis and I don't think we can ever stop looking at other potential conditions and contributors to our illnesses. &lt;BR&gt;
    Love, Mikie