Fibromyalgia and Panic Attacks anyone else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spudzy, Jun 7, 2003.

1. spudzy

spudzy New Member

Does anyone with FM also have panic attacks, if so, what are you doing...one is bad enough...please help me....
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have had them but had them before Fibro also.

I only do deep breathing and talking positively to myself saying you are fine, you know what this is, you will be OK.

In the past I took Buspar and it helped. Sometimes people have to take medicine for them. My mom takes a low dose of Ativan.

If you are not having them a lot and not real severe I would suggest trying to do what I do and also cut out your caffeine and watch you sugar intake. Or maybe you can talk to the Dr. and get medicine for only those days when you have them. I seem to start of feeling "out of balance" on those days and could practically predict when they are going to happen.

A lot of people on this board suffer from this. You should get some posts that are more helpful than mine.
    Good luck
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To your other post on this topic.

Love, Mikie
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

not very long ago to someone. I have had panic/anxiety attacks for over twenty years now. Also, have had FM for same amount of time, but longer. When I think back, I believe I also had them as a child. I remember not wanting to leave home to go to school, always feeling like I needed to stay home so everyone would be OK or something bad would happen. I now take Alprazolam, .5 mg, only as needed. After I started the alprazolam and was able to go and do things that I couldn't do before, it boosted my confidence to the point that I almost never have to take it for that reason anymore. I would get panic/anxiety attacks while driving. I wouldn't drive over bridges or on the freeway. Now I drive everywhere, even on long trips and I'm fine. I would think that if you talked to your doctor & explained how limiting they are to you he would suggest or prescribe you something that will help. Just so you know, panic & anxiety attacks are far more common that what I thought they were.

Dara
  5. Simcha

Simcha New Member

Yes, I had panic attacks in my early 20's and then again in my late 40's. Paxil helped- no more anxiety attacks.

Found a book called, "Don't Panic" to be useful.

Not sure mine are related other than I worry about getting an attack of CFS when I'm on vacation and that's when I used to get the panic attacks.

Vacations and flying used to be remarkably stressful.

Between Paxil and Valarian, I do much better. I also suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome.

Good luck!