Fibromyalgia and workers compensation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chula61, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. chula61

    chula61 New Member

    Any here receiving Workers Compensation? Just curious because my fibro started after being hurt on the job.
  2. jenn_c

    jenn_c New Member

    too. About 3 to 31/2 years ago I injured my shoulder at work. The doctor initially thought I could have RSD ( reflex sympathetic disorder). It is called something else but "fibrofog" kicked in. Anyways I ended up having surgery on my shoulder. When workers comp ended I was told that I had a 14% permanent disability from the shoulder. My FM pain and fatigue started shortly after surgery. I would bet anything that my FM is related to that "traumatic event" But because of no definate test for FM the doctor said that There was noway to prove surgury caused FM. Best wishes and good luck. Please let me know how you do.

  3. chula61

    chula61 New Member

    I already have an attorney. I injured my left shoulder at work. Diagnosed in 2002 with fibro, prior to shoulder surgery. Never recovered from injury. I am going through the process. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the info.
  4. PVLady

    PVLady New Member

    It would be very helpful to know which state you are in. In Calfornia the WC laws changes a few years back so depending on the date of your injury, it can be very different.

    If you are in CA I may be able to give you some good advise. I have worked with WC for 30 years.
  5. dragon06

    dragon06 New Member

    It is my thought that they will cover the initial injury but would deny anything further for fibromyalgia because FM is so hard to diagnose that there is no way to prove that the initial injury caused the FM.
  6. chula61

    chula61 New Member

    I live in CA. Injured in 2001, diagnosed in 2002 with fibro. Have filed w/c claim for accumulative injury to present. Have been to QME Psychiatrist and QME Orthopedic Surgeon. The orthopedic doctor said he was going to recommend I be examined by a AME or AMA? Rheumatologist.

[ advertisement ]