FIBROMYALGIA BENEFIT CONCERT - GREENVILLE, TN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by COOKIEMONSTER, May 14, 2003.

1. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

Jeannie Kendall Fibromyalgia Benefit Concert
    Also featuring: The VW Boys

Saturday, May 31, 2003
    8 p.m.
    Hal Henard School
    425 E. Vann Rd.
    Greeneville, TN

Admission: $18 advance purchase, $20 at the door
    (Tickets purchased online will be held at the door in
    your name. You will receive an e-mail confirmation
    of your purchase.)
    For more information or to order by phone, call 423-638-6692.

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2003]
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....but hooray for this concert! Ellen Comstock on this board spoke last night to a Kiwanis Club somewhere in TN. I think Tennessee is fast becoming a very Fibro-aware state!! Hope this spreads across the country, & the world!!

Thanks for posting this Cookie, sounds like we do have some folks in that region....

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is the best year we have seen in terms of new research and awareness. I believe much of it is due to the fact that almost everybody you talk to either has one of our illnesses or knows someone who does.

If something isn't done soon, nobody's going to be working. It would be cheaper for our govt. to find a cure than for our nation to endure the costs of these illnesses. Unfortunately, our society to geared to the bandaid approach rather than prevention. It wasn't until 9-11 that we started to take terrorism seriously. It won't be until a big celebrity steps forward or a whole nation becomes sick that we will be taken seriously.

Love, Mikie
  4. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I hardly talk to anyone that doe`s not know someone who has it or has it themselves. Even my neighbor total denial yet but she can only hold a part time job now for a wk. or 2. I was always hoping Cher would dedicate 1 of her concerts. You can tell she is not totally well. Even sits at concert now. I know she is afraid she would not get work or insured,but I heard she travels with a bed all the time. I know people in the entertainment industry has to be affected. Notice how some just disappear. Where are some of the big names, then they show up all of a sudden??? NO ONE will be working so soon govt. will have to take notice of all the ss filings.
    If I was still in Atlanta I would try to go.
  5. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

Greeneville is clear in the other end of the state! I have no clue who these musicians are, (showing my age here), but I'd sure learn to love 'em real quick! Wish I could go, and sure wish we had some support in West TN!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2003]
  6. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

Ellen is from Michigan (I think) and she spoke today. I congratulated her and I am from TN and then a couple posts later I think it somehow got mixed up. Not that we wouldn't be proud to have Ellen in TN. ;-)
    Hayley
  7. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

I just posted you on the other post, that you wrote me on. I am right by you. By home depot. Farmers market?? Off buffet mill. Me and hubby are going to Greenville for this. Are you? My addy is on my bio!!! Lets get a support group going. I got a # of a lady in Clinton and called left her a message but haven't heard back yet. They also have a support group in La Follette sp!! but that is kinda far. Keep in touch wow, this is great!! Linda
  8. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

For people who can go
  9. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I was thinking that we need things like this, more out there in the Publics Face.
    The Govt. and Talkshow's don't listen, so this is another good avenue to explore.

I think that we will see more attention also, from thoes Bio's that youall did, maybe down the road, but that was a Feat that is too Hard to be pushed aside. Good Job!

Country Singers are Big Hearted folks, maybe we should look in that Direction.
    Also Noah Wiley, is big on helping the folks who don't get Noticed.

Anyway, Great New's. Maybe we could find some more that are willing to do Benefits for our Research.

Dancing already,
    kredca4/sharon
  10. Tuckspal

Tuckspal New Member

I'm thrilled to see this concert receiving some attention. This is a National Fibromyalgia Association project, organized by our TN office and Karen Lee Richards. For further details about the concert, you can check it our on our web site at http://www.fmaware.org EeeeeHaaaa!!!
    Sharon Squires, RN
    Director, Patient Services
    NFA
    tuckspal@attbi.com
  11. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

12. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

Did anyone attend this concert? If so, how did it go? Were there a lot of people....and so on....
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2003]

[ advertisement ]