Fibromyalgia Bracelets from NFRA to help raise Awareness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lindy2, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

There are Fibromyalgia bracelets and pins available by "NFRA". The colors are pink and crimson.

I have posted some information below from the website;

The National Fibromyalgia Research Association (NFRA) has developed the Fibromyalgia Awareness Bracelet to help in this process. It is made from a soft, durable rubber material and is pink (for women) and crimson (for chronic pain) which equals “Women in Chronic Pain.”

The National Fibromyalgia Research Association, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1992, dedicated to education, treatment and finding a cure for fibromyalgia.

We realize men and children with fibromyalgia are not directly addressed by this wording. However, because women’s illnesses are in the limelight right now and fibromyalgia does affect more women than men, about nine to one, this is the time to raise interest for research funding. Research will eventually help all fibromyalgia suffers, regardless of gender or age.

These bracelets sell for just $1.00 each by mail, plus shipping and handling based on the number ordered. As a convenience we also offer charge card orders for the bracelets on our website, but the pricing structure is different. On line each bracelet sells for $3.00 which includes shipping and handling costs and Internet charge card processing fees.

The money raised by the sale of these bracelets will be used 100% for research, education and public awareness with no administrative costs deducted.

This is your opportunity to support fibromyalgia awareness both as FM patients and supporters of FM patients. Remember May 12, Fibromyalgia Awareness Day, is coming. These bracelets can be your opportunity to spread the word about this puzzling, painful illness.

Lindy :O)
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Lindy, thank you for posting about this. I have had one of these pins for about 9 years now and I have it on my purse. I love it and it has lasted the test of time.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

4. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

Neat. Here's the main site: http://www.nfra.net/

And the link to buying pins or bracelets: https://www.donate.net/donationSelector/basket.asp?dept_id=358&shopper_id=524107

And here's another support site with info: http://www.fmaware.org/index.html
  5. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

6. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I thought I would bump this since "National Awareness Day" is coming soon.

Hugs
  7. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I'll see about ordering some. I thinks it's high time our 'colors' show!
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Thanks so much for this info!
    I am sure that it will be so helpful.
  9. krayon

krayon New Member

Thank you Lindy!

This is GREAT!!

Gonna buy some for friends who also suffer from this DD, and remind them of the awareness day.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
    ~ *Karen* ~
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2006]