Fibromyalgia Bracelets

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kfinn2, Aug 6, 2005.

1. kfinn2

kfinn2 New Member

I ordered some fibromyalgia bracelets the other day, because I figured it was for a good cause, but I am slightly annoyed at the color choices of crimson and pink.

The crimson is supposed to represent chronic pain while the pink represents women.

What about the 10% of the 6 million people that have fibro that are men? Did someone forget about them?? Just wondering.

Kelly
  2. eggshel344

eggshel344 New Member

All the fibro bracelets I have seen are purple. I don't know where you found yours, but mine and the others I have found in stores and online have all been purple, as well as the awareness ribbons for the cause in general.

Cheers-
    Samantha
  3. Roseecoop

Roseecoop New Member

I have two Fibro magnet ribbons on my car and they are purple. I have never heard of crimson and pink being Fibro colors. I was told many times that it's purple.
  4. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

for some un known reason the fm research group put these out>

the general opinion is that they are pretty ugle< i bought a few< but i ALSO HAVE a beautiful purple one.

sorry about the typing someone was fooling around with my settings :(((( help!!!!

gb
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

What stores have you found the FM an CF braclets in???

I am one who does not use a credit card online or for that matter any kind of banking etc...Guess I need to get a separte card just to use for internet buying.

Would love to have several braclets for myself and family.

What local stores have you found them in????

Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

7. ChattyCathy

ChattyCathy New Member

A few of the national associations are selling them -

I don't know if they can be advertised here or not -

National Fibromyalgia Association
    and the CFIDS both have them

I recently saw some being sold that were made with healing stones - a little pricey but they appeared to be beautiful.

8. ChattyCathy

ChattyCathy New Member

I felt the same way - I finally picked up a card and keep the limit amount very low - I love having it now but have to contain myself so that I don't raise the limit
  9. teene

teene New Member

yuo can find them on ebay under jewlery&watches just type in fibromyaliga bracelets good luck lots out thear teene
  10. Randi_Mae

Randi_Mae New Member

I totally agree. It seems that when it comes to different types of support groups, men tend to be forgotten,such as MADD (moms against drunk drivers). What ever happened to the men of the world? Don't they count? Don't we think that maybe there is that chance that they might have feelings too? I am a female and it angers me that gender still becomes a factor where there is no need to be.
    When it comes to bracelets supporting organizations, they should be a nuteral color where men and women can wear them, after all in this case FM has no barriers. Good luck to all you men out there.
  11. mitchsta1

mitchsta1 New Member

Thanks for sticking up for us men. That is totally awesome. I would have no problems with any of the the following colors. Blue, Green, Black, Brown or Grey...Hahaha. I am really grateful that there are still women out there who are willing to stick up for men.

Peace out.
  12. eggshel344

eggshel344 New Member

I got mine on Ebay, which means I can use PayPal and a bank transfer or a money order/check depending on the seller.

As someone who is very familiar with the credit card industry (I am the editor of a payments industry newsletter) I would suggest for those wary of using a credit card online to use a prepaid credit/debit card. It virtually eliminates the risk. I can answer ?'s if anyone has any... :)

Cheers-
    Samantha
  13. eggshel344

eggshel344 New Member

I got mine on Ebay, which means I can use PayPal and a bank transfer or a money order/check depending on the seller.

As someone who is very familiar with the credit card industry (I am the editor of a payments industry newsletter) I would suggest for those wary of using a credit card online to use a prepaid credit/debit card. It virtually eliminates the risk. I can answer ?'s if anyone has any... :)

Cheers-
    Samantha
  14. ckm

ckm New Member

on a link from the fibrohugs website. They are crimson and pink. I haven't seen the purple ones.

ckm
  15. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kfinn2:
    They explain that by saying that although they know the colors do not represent men--that they will still benefit from the research money that comes in.
    NyroFan
  16. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

I got the rubber one but I also got a beautiful purple and glass beaded one. It is also silver, hand made, if you go to CIDS of America, there is a personal story about the mother and daughter who own the company that make them.

The name of their co is girliegirliedesigns..you know the rest, they donate 10 or 20% to CFIDS. I also bought a necklace & earring set from them that is just beautiful, but my fav is def the CFIDS bracelet the stones are awesome. The necklace is pearls with a gorgeous shell in silver at the end.

You should have a look and it's for a good cause.

gail
  17. FM58

FM58 New Member

The boys & men in my life have no problem wearing these bracelets to show their support for fibro & me!

This started with a teenage friend of one of my boys asking my youngest son (who was wearing a bracelet at the time) what it was about- he & I both had one on. So, he turned to me and asked, Do you have any more? Can I wear one? Then my son his age asked, Yea Mom, where's mine?

Needless to say my hubby, 3 sons and their various friends all wear them with pride. They educate the public when people ask what it's about. So these teens & young men have told teachers, customers they have waited on in restaurants, in stores and fellow employees - spreading the word : )

The purple bracelets that were available on eBay - were put up for auction by a woman with fibro, she claims profits are going to research but does not indicate exactly what or where? I corresponded with her trying to find out. That's why I purchased my bracelets from The NFRA, it is someplace I know that is reputable & the $ will indeed go for research.

I too have a purple magnet for my car and small purple pin that I wear. I always equated purple with fibro also - so it was confusing when these bracelets came out.

Hey, just wear what you feel comfortable with. I just wish these bracelets were not overmarketed with all the sayings now "peace" "happiness" & sports teams logo's - YIKES! That is taking away the "specialness" & meaningfulness of these bracelets. Mine stays on non-the-less.

Have a good one to all!

Hugs,
    Patty
  18. farmgetty

farmgetty New Member

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A CAR MAGNET AND BRACELET..THANKS SO MUCH! JOANNA
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  19. sischotribe

sischotribe New Member

I have never seen the purple ones.....I have a crimson and pink one and like another person said I have a husband and and 11 and 12 year old boys who were it to support me. It has given them many oppurtunities to explain.
  20. sischotribe

sischotribe New Member

I tried to look up CIDS of America and look into getting that bracelet that you were talking about....I couldn't find it. Please let me know how to get it. Thank you.