Fibromyalgia/CFS is......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlayne, Aug 18, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

Has anyone ever started a thread on this? If so it is okay to ignore this post! I thought it might be fun, so if it hasn't been done before let's try it! I have to leave for work, but I will check back in tomorrow.

Fibromyalgia/CFS is a destroyer......It comes to destroy and question our self confidence (Am I crazy, am I doing this to myself, am I dying, is this all in my head, what is wrong with me?????)
  2. code34me

code34me New Member

I could not have said it better myself!

Fibromyalgia / CFS is depressing and a thief!

Codey

P.S. Having a bad time (can you tell?)
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

robs you of who you are and makes your friends leave you. charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

He is undetected by the FBI, the CIA, the NSA. He is barely understood by the NIH and the CDC. This terrorist has affected millions of lives worldwide. Stealthily and quietly, he goes about his business, causing untold pain and suffering. He robs his victims of their health, their happiness, their money, their friends, their livelihoods, and sometimes their very lives. He can drive a wedge between wife and husband, father and son. He doesn't discriminate: men, women, children, the elderly, and people of all cultures are on his hit list.

He doesn't need to hijack any airplanes or behead any journalists. He merely hijacks our bodies. No one really knows where he came from or how he works. We don't even know his real name.

(Okay; I got a little carried away with the terrorist analogy, but it sure feels like that at times, doesn't it?)

Kholmes

[This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

As bad as things have been in the past and as much as I have cried over the years what FM and CFS are to me is...humbling.

The two have taught me a lot about learning a more healthy lifestyle, loving myself more, enjoying the beauty that surrounds me more and taking the time to thank the people around me and let them know how much they mean to me.

When you have something that steals something from you it is hard to look at the positive things that have come from that believe me I have had my MANY moments.

These illnesses have brought me to my knees literally begging and crying why me and now I am done. I now appreciate the gifts I have everyday and even on the days I am in a cruddy mood like today! LOL

((((HUGS))))

kate

6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

7. tlayne

tlayne Member

Wow, I like this! My goal here is to sort and put all of these perspectives into some kind of a definition of fibro/CFS. I might need some help when this post is done from the 'more talented then I' members here! lol!

I LOVE all of these responses! And I can relate to everyone of them. I try to stay positive, but I am also facing the fact that this dd works overtime to bring me down. All of my antidepressants can not change the fact that I am dealing with a real disease that won't go away with a chemical agent to change my attitude or hormone levels. In my own experience I have found that the antidepressants have made me a more compliant patient that is willing to lay down and just die, but death does not come.

Please all of you who are on antidepressants DON'T STOP taking your antidepressants! This is 'just' my own personal experience.

I don't have the time to respond individually, but I love all these posts! Terrorist, bad joke, humbling, learning experience.....yes, good! Please elaborate on what and how it depresses, and steals!

When my daughter was addicted on drugs she had a poem that describes what meth was and how it destroys their lives. It was good and the truth! I want to do something like this from all of our own personal perspectives. It is also good to have positive and I will include them too. Hugs, Tam
  8. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome are: WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Love and Hugs to All,

AbbeyMae
  9. KimDC

KimDC New Member

a reminder that life is hard and that happiness is not a guarantee.

I had a wonderful childhood, married the best man in the world, had a beautiful daughter and then, WHAM! I came down with CFS and learned for the first time at 29 years old that life is hard. I discovered how lucky I had been to get to 29 without experiencing any grief, trauma, or disillusionment. Now I finally understand what all the great writers and poets had been writing about for centuries...life is a struggle and we have to cherish the joyous moments when they come.
  10. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I am not usually so negative. I am ashamed to be, because I am a Christian and I have hope in Heaven and in Jesus Christ. But this dd has really brought me down to the pit this past year. :(
  11. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am feeling some adversity here. I am not knocking anyone who is or have ever been on an antidepressant. I have tried many different ones myself. If you knew me this wouldn't have even crossed your mind.

I am a nurse, and I send my patients to the MD when they are depressed and they need this additional help. Please do not take my intensions in the wrong way.

Simply put....I have an idea to take experiences that we have all had, and to make some kind of a saying or poem from them. This is just for awareness, and no profit or gain for myself. As a matter of a fact the thought of turning this into a saying or poem just came to me today.

Maybe this wasn't a good idea. But maybe it just might be. Please think about it. If you do not want to participate I fully understand.

If this turns into adversity I will delete this post myself. I won't be posting anymore today as I have to leave for work. As a matter of fact I will be late for work because when I checked in before leaving I felt I needed to reply even tho I didn't have the time.

I will not participate in any thing that will cause another one harm. I feel like some good things can come from this post. Please, please don't ruin it for others. If you don't want to be involved just skip my post. Thanks and hugs, Tam
  12. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

You DEFINITELY realize who your true friends are. You'll be suprised many arent as true as you thought them to be.
    Also..i noticed CFS / Candida creeps up hitting hard around age 30
  13. cats2595

cats2595 New Member

Having had this illness for 16 years, I can relate to all of the posts so far. I was blessed to be able to spend more time with my son as he was growing up because I had to quit working full-time. I was also blessed to be able to work from home part-time. I also know that this illness caused more problems in a marriage that already had problems and that marriage did not survive. A second marriage to a friend of 30+ years lasted 2 years even though we had many conversations about the illness and it's restrictions before getting married. The illness was not the only problem but contributed to it greatly.

I also know that I feel isolated because I am not able to go as I used to, now have to work more than I should with this illness to support my son and myself, don't have the energy to do much when I am not working. I have not gotten better as the years have passed, only worse. I am very limited in driving because of a vision problem called oscillopsia or jerky vision which also causes problems in large, busy places such as the grocery or a mall or church. I have just recently started using motorized carts for the few times I have been out and bought a scooter so I can get out once in a while but still feel very restricted as to what I can do independently and very isolated from friends. You really do find out who your friends are.

Even though I got to spend more time with my son as he was going through elementary school and middle school, about the time he was in middle school, I started having the problems driving and with my vision. I feel like I wasn't there for him like I would like to have been since middle school and during high school. I used a power wheelchair to go to graduation and am so glad I decided to do that. Otherwise, I would not have been able to go.

The combination of the vision problems, loss of balance in one ear which I did not mention before, not being able to drive, severe muscle weakness and extreme fatigue have me to the point where my PCP and ENT are telling me to consider permanent disability but I love my work I do at home (just wish I didn't have to do so much) plus I would draw about 1/3 of what I make and I couldn't support myself and my son on that. I think some major changes will come about when he finishes technical school in 2 years. Hopefully, I can hold out till then.

I am not the "me" I was before this illness. I miss me. Even with all the blessings that have come with this illness, I miss me and yearn to have me back.

By the way, has anyone seen Kim Snyder's film? I watched it last night, hoping it would be something I could share with people around me to explain to them the depths of this illness but I was disappointed in it. How do those of you who have seen it feel?
  14. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

a mirror, or window, put up before my naked soul.

Has taken a reckless, heedless, fun loving, selfish girl, and made her stop, look, and listen.

I've had to reconsider everything i knew or thought, about myself, and my world.

It has striped me of all until i am a naked soul before the God of this universe who created me.

It has reduced me to the point, that i can say, i am nothing, HE is everything.

I have become more open and accepting of others,

I am also more than ready to be healed.

These DD are Thiefs, destroyers, and terrorist, but i have also been made to confront myself, and hopefully becoming a better person.

15. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

something I would not wish even upon my enemies!
  16. smalone

smalone New Member

and a life destroyer
  17. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

That was great you should be a writer.

I feel like crud today as for loved ones I know my husband loves me but his attitude is suck it up or live with it,

Sti;; wanted me to help him stack wood last knight but he wore out so I got a break lol.

TEri
  18. tlayne

tlayne Member

Sorry that I haven't gotten back to ya all. My time here has been very limited, and I thought this post was lost. I always try to find the positive in all things, but at the end of the day.....I really am not thankful for this dd, nor can I find anything positive about it.

It will take me awhile, but I hope to take all of your responses and make some kind poem or saying with them. If there are any here more talented than I (that won't be much of a stretch LOL!) please feel free to give it a try yourself!

Please bear with me because I am moving right now, but I will get back to this post!

I see some newbies here, May I take a moment to express a very warm welcome to you all! WELCOME and may God bless each one of you! Hugs, Tam
  19. sckowgirl

sckowgirl New Member

pain, pain in my neck..pain in my back..pain in my legs..it's a headache..fms is: makes you feel tired all the time..fms is: finacially ruining..i only work p/t now..fms is: robbing me of the joys of being a grandma because i dont have the energy of watching her all weekend by myself..fms has taken a lot from me .. but it has also given me things also..although i don't have the energy to ride my horse like i used to today i watched her foal a beautiful spotted foal..(it's a boy)..i spend more time with my husband..instead of white water rafting level 5's..i do the lazy river with the grandbaby..i can enjoy the same things..just a little differently..i went to ripley's aquarimum but my daughter pushed me in a wheelchair and that was fun..so don't let it take all the joy..be able to laugh at yourself..i also have learned to play play station 2 games!!..try to stay positive..stay strong..my best to all of you