Fibromyalgia Conference in Kansas City

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dorth, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Dorth

Dorth New Member

I have heard that there is a Fibromyalgia Conference in Kansas City the first week of May and one of the speakers is a Mary Mueller. Does anyone know anything about this?
    If so, please give more info on it.
    Thanks!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Not familiar with Mary Mueller, but am answering your post as it was at the bottom of the page. Maybe some of the members who are here in the evening will be able to help.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Yes, the Fibromyalgia Coalition International (based in KC----I have attended their local "Getting Well" support group) is having their annual conference on May 9 & 10 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Overland Park, KS (my town---right next to Kansas City, MO). Among the speakers will be Mary Moeller, as you said, plus Dr. Joseph Brewer (talking about HHV-6 & chronic illness), also speakers talking about IBS, Syndrome X, and chiropractors talking about Network Spinal analysis (which I have been curious about....we had one of these folks come to our support group to talk about it, sounded interesting). If you belong to FCI, you get a price break on conference cost. This is a good group, lots of emphasis on finding underlying causes & natural care---I belong & they have a good newsletter, too. You can check out this conference at the website, just search for Fibromyalgia Coalition International.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,
    Pam

4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

For anyone in the midwest...
  5. Dorth

Dorth New Member

Thanks for the info Pam. I did find what I needed on their website. I am planning on going and just hope I can sit that long to hear it all.
    I appreciate the info!
  6. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

Pam,

Saw that you were from Overland Park, Ks. I used to live in Olathe, am originally from Manhattan, Ks. and am now living in Topeka. So, they have support groups for Fibro/Cfs over in KC. Where can I get some info on this? The Fibro conference sounds really exciting esp. when hardly anyone ever acknowledges our disorders. Any one else from Kansas on the board that you know of? Cat