Fibromyalgia Conferences/Seminars ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, Oct 6, 2002.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of any FM conferences that are scheduled between now and the end of the year. Also, in 2003.

Where do you find such schedules for these seminars?
    I live in Texas, but would drive to another state if it were close enough.

thanks,
    granmama
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2002]
  2. granmama

granmama New Member

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of any FM conferences that are scheduled between now and the end of the year. Also, in 2003.

Where do you find such schedules for these seminars?
    I live in Texas, but would drive to another state if it were close enough.

thanks,
    granmama
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2002]
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi granmama

I do know of one being offered here in N. CA. in November. It is geared to healthcare professionals, but I think would help sufferers, too.

Anyway, I know this is pretty far to go, but if you're
    interested, let me know and I'll post more information.

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  4. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi again, granmama,

I forgot to include one that is running this week in 5 N. Calif locations. I know you probably can't make either of these, but, maybe someone else can use the info.

This one is actually re: the immune system - latest mind-body research. But, the brochure says the conference explores CFS, depression, exercise & nutrition, and several other things that pertain to most of us here.

again, any interest, let me know. you asked, "Where do you find such schedules for these seminars?"

I generally receive brochures in the mail as continuing ed. credits for med license/certifications I hold. If you're not (or weren't) in the medical field, perhaps you know a nurse or someone else who is? Most licensed profs will receive similar offerings.

For info specific to your DD, perhaps ask at an Association website, you know, like the fibromyalgia assoc., or arthritis, and so on.

hope this helps,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

has a website that lists such events & lots of other info too.
  6. granmama

granmama New Member

Thanks Copper and Amy for your help.
    I was e-mailed from another FM site that one was just held in Colorado and another is planned near Canada in 2003.

Maybe, we will hear more in the near future as a new year is approaching.

granmama