Fibromyalgia diagnosis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nufaze, Mar 21, 2006.

1. nufaze

nufaze New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in Feb. after pain started in june of 05.
    Pain started in the elbows and shoulders, had pain in back for 20 yrs. Now have severe pain in joints of hips, knees and back more.
    Have every other symptom associated with sydrome, However,
    my pain is better in the morn and increases during the day.
    Even with sleep apnia and CPap machine.
    Muscles don't hurt as much although on tramadol and cant do without or unbearable.
    My dr. has said that is different than typical symptoms of early morn pain and stiffness, and muscle instead of joint.
    Any comments or similar symtoms?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I started off in the neck region too, then after some years it has travelled away from the neck (still have problems, but far from how bad it was) but am now having bad hip, knee ankle and left foot pain.

I am stiff in the morning, but don't have significant pain unless I'm in a flare. My pain increases during the day as well, especially if I keep more active than I "should".

I have pain in/ around the sinuses and behind the eyes, it can turn pretty bad and I don't wimper easily with head pain because I have had migraines since age 3. I also have neuropathy in my arms/ hands.

It sounds pretty similar to you. Do you flare any, and what happens then with you? Just curious!

There is no such thing as a "typical" presentation of FM. We all present differently, it's all up to genes and the "weaknesses" our bodies already have. There are some basic signs though.
  3. nufaze

nufaze New Member

I currently take a lot of meds so don't flare up as often, yet I still have pain in all all main joints, brain fog, dizziness, when flare up doess happen fatigue is unbearable and headaches, puts me down for couple days