Fibromyalgia doctor near Bangor, Maine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Logand, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Logand

Logand New Member

Does anyone know of a family doctor who understands/specializes in fibromyalgia near Bangor, Maine? I need to change doctors (see my other post). I've tried the Family Practice Center (teaching clinic), but they aren't accepting patients.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Michelle
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Michelle,

My boyfriend is from Orono and his entire family still lives in Bangor. I'll definitely send some of them emails and get back to you.

I went there the first time this summer...I think Orono is the smallest town I'd ever seen ;). I'm from NY, so I'd never really seen anything like it. Very cute though.

-GoAskAlice
  3. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,
    I just had to respond, because I live in near Waterville, Maine. I mostly see my regular doctor, but have seen a rheumy in Portland a few times. But my doctor and myself were not very satisfied with him. I'm sure there must be a few in Bangor, my son lives there..I'll see what I can find out. I was just so happy to see someone else from Maine on the site.
    Mindy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2005]
  4. Logand

Logand New Member

I'm actually in Hampden, which is even smaller than Orono.

5. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,
    I found three Rheumys in Bangor, but don't know if you need a referral to see them or not and I don't know anything about them, or if they understand fibro...just found them in the book. I'm not sure if I can post their names and numbers on here...do you know?
    Mindy
  6. Logand

Logand New Member

I'm looking for a primary care doctor.

Actually, I've been to see Dr. Ajine when they were testing me for M.S. Small world!