Fibromyalgia Fatigue Center of Cleveland, OH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lakatos235, Feb 23, 2007.

1. lakatos235

lakatos235 New Member

Anyone have any experience with these folks? I understand they are not affiliated with any insurance company so everything is considered out-of-network. That can get pricey!

Anyway I am looking for feedback as to how the visit went, cost, and what they actually did for you.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Check out all the responses. I visited the doctor who was previously here. Spent about $5000, did nothing. Switched to Detroit, doing 20% better in 6 months. Haven't heard about the new doctor.

Insurance paid for a portion, 80% of what they would pay for a doctors appointment. But since FFC's have longer more expensive appointments, they paid about 20%
  3. marmayer

marmayer Member

I was a patient at that center for about 9 months-until the MD there went to another company. The staff is wonderful!!! My husband would go with me each time and we always took "treats" in to the staff. I was so sorry when I had to change. I now go to Detroit FFC, since 8/06. The staff there doesn`t even compare. I`m from the Cincinnati area so either place is a drive. My appointments now are every 3 months by phone.

I don`t know about the new MD there. Good luck!
  4. mdshrontz

mdshrontz New Member

The doctor currently at this center (only) one just recently started there - she was my mother's internist for over 15 years. At one point she didn't believe that CFS was a true illness - of course - she could have changed her mind in that regard, however, she recently just dropped her practice and began at the FFC - I think that she was given an offer she couldn't refuse. My personal feelings about FFC, although my husband (who has CFS) has never had any dealings with any of them, is that even if I give them the benefit of the doubt that they perhaps mean well, I believe they tap into precious $$$ resources from people with so little who are desperate to find something to make them well. Since my husband and I have so little resources, and they aren't affiliated with health insurance programs, they are very expensive, sell their own products and we have decided to spend our dollars elsewhere, keep on top of what is really helping others, and work with my husand's wonderful current internist.