Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JansDad, Nov 8, 2005.

1. JansDad

JansDad New Member

Has anybody used the Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center in Marietta, Georgia? If so what were the results?
  2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

There are several of us here that use them. Do a search for FFC Atlanta and you will find alot of informative posts. I go there and have been very impressed.

Do you live nearby?

Good luck,
    Dani
  3. JansDad

JansDad New Member

Yes, I live in Birmingham, Alabama and and have carried my daughter for her first visit and treatment. I was impressed on the initial visit, but was just wondering about the success that other folks had. She was better after the first visit and we are praying for continuing improvement.
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I am going to the one in Philadelphia, Pa. I would love to hear your results. I have been going for a month now and I am doing better. They told me I should feel really good in 4 months. The protocals are long and expensive but I think it will be worth it. I have been trying the IV lines too-they help. Everyone is so nice. Supposedly, they have a 94% success rate. Keep the good vibes coming:)
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

JansDad,

I have been going to the Atlanta FFC since late April. How fast your daughter improves is dependant upon several factors. How long she has been sick, what she has and how well she follows the treatment plan.

I have met lots of people getting IV's and the ones who are not following the treatment plan don't seem to be improving as quickly. If your daughter has Lymes it will probably take a year to get better. If she has EBV it hopefully will be about 6 months.

I have lots of things going on but the key for me was finding out I have mycoplasma ( a bacterial infection,the same thing that gives you walking pneumonia)and active EBV (basically mono). Once I started treating these I have seen significant improvement.

I started feeling bad after I had my son about 3 1/2 years ago. I never got over the fatigue of having a newborn and started having pain. I was diagnosed with FM.

I was at the point of being completely exhausted most of the time feeling like I had the flu. Somedays in bed most of the day and others in bed by 2:00. I was told to treat the symptoms and live with it by several Drs.

Last week I leased a horse. I am taking a salsa dance class weekly. I almost never have to get in bed. I fix dinner every night and I can vaccuumm the house. I feel about 75% to 80% better.

I have met so many people that are getting better. There are several young people who are in treatment. I have met two young men high school students who are both much better. One with Lymes who is incredible. He was almost bedridden and unable to go to school. He is in school playing football. His Dad is awesome. I have known him since I have started! You may ask Kia If one of these young men could give encouragement to your daughter.

Good Luck and please ask me any questions you have. I have researched everything I am taking and all of the treatment.

Take Care of your sweet girl- Lynn

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  6. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Hi Jans Dad,

What a good dad you must be to do all this for your daughter! I've been sick for 10 yrs and my parents just think I'm "depressed". I know they love me but I think it's easier to think it's psychological than thinking anything could be wrong with me.

I just had my 1st visit 2 weeks ago with Dr. Bullington. I go back on the 1st of December. I can't tell any difference so far except the probiotics are helping my digestive issues. I'm anxious for my results and especially when they start testing for lyme and such. Just the thought that someone may be able to give me a reason for my illness is hopeful.

Good luck to you and daughter and keep us posted!

meow
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

In fact I was just there yesterday!

I go back in mid-December to discuss the first round of results (27 vials of blood drawn) and probably have more testing and another round of IVs. I live in Florida, so it is a 6+ hours drive each way. I drove up Sunday, saw Dr. Bullington Monday and drove home today (Tuesday).

I think next time I'll just stay over the night before and drive back after the appointment -- try to take advantage of the energy burst from one IV before the die-off hits from the other one. I think I'd rather be in my own bed when the herx hits.

I'm glad that I took all the test results I could find from the doctors I've seen over the past few years. Dr. B was able to cross some things off and start me on some meds without waiting for the first round of her blood tests.

Everyone I met there is very nice. While I was there, an administrator from the Dallas corporate offices was visiting. One of the nurses said that when a new person comes on staff, they are sent to Dallas for training so that the Center's protocol is established across the board for consistency.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  8. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I've been going there since April. They are a wonderful group of people.

I've not been able to figure out what was wrong with me for 30+ years. The last few years I was diagnosed with FM/CFS and that was as far as my pain doctor went with it.

I was tested for viruses and lyme disease at the FFC and came back positive for the lyme and positive for 3 viruses; EBV (mono), CMV and Claumydia-Pneumonia.

Now I KNOW why I'm sick and we are working to get these bacteria/viruses under control. I'm taking 2 different antibiotics for the lyme, an anti-viral for the viruses, and a slew of supplements.

I'm also giving myself shots of Heparin twice a day for hypercoagulation (thickening of blood from viruses/lyme) which will aid in getting them out.

They also checked all my hormones which were very low and I'm now on bio-identical hormones for thyroid, progesterone, estrogen, testosterone and cortisol.

The FFC's are very thorough in working with you to get the whole immune system functioning better to fight off these diseases.

I've never had any other doctor even come close to figuring all this out.

Sandy
  9. JansDad

JansDad New Member

Thanks for all the information and encouragement. My daughter has had this terrible condition for almost 2 months and has gone through what many of you said you went through. Namely doctors who either did not know what to do or say, to the absolute worst thing "you have got to live with it". This was from my Rheumatoligist, that I recommended. What a mistake. He is now my ex-Rheumatologist. We went to FFC in Atlanta on Nov. 7th and after the IV and treatment she is able to sleep much better and the pain is much better. The prescriptions that she received have been a big help also. I know that some of you have had this for years and I pray that you all will be healed of this disease and are able to be pain free. We know that the healing comes from above and working through these compassionate people from FRC. Thanks again for your concern and your helpful information.
  10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

If your daughter has only been suffering for two months the chances are excellent that this will go quickly for her! Good Luck to you and please keep us updated! Lynn