Fibromyalgia? Gooseflesh & Excessive Sweating?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Esoteric, May 12, 2003.

1. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

Does anyone with Fibromyalgia experience gooseflesh on certain parts or patches of their body (like the scalp or just one patch on your leg) that comes and goes for no reason? It is a strange sensation and I have it from time to time when I'm not even cold.

Also, I experience excessive sweating...even when I'm cold. Does anyone else with fibromyalgia experience either of these symptoms?

Esoteric
  2. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

Nice to hear from you and I'm glad to know someone else out there has the same symptoms so I don't feel so alone. Not that I'm glad we have these symptoms, cause I am definitely not. Sometimes I have such bizarre symptoms. Do you have a lot of nightmares too?

Esoteric
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

All the tests I have had always come back normal and it doesn't matter what meds. I am taking,I never could take the heat.I have always sweated alot(good thing I don't smell like it though,LOL).My mom says the whole side of our family were all "sweaters".This is one of the reasons I hate summer,I can't take the heat.The worst part is...my face/hair are always dripping all summer.(my 7 yr. old son seems to be the same way already)I hate it!
  4. benton

benton New Member

Hi Esoteric

I also have skin problems, but particularly in my shoulder at the moment. Sometimes i get what feels like electric shocks and the skin is cold, sometimes its burning. Also itching, stabbing and horrible prickling too which sometimes feels like bleeding under the skin!!! Very unpleasant and very odd.

Take care

Mandy
    x
  5. ahgatto

ahgatto New Member

I have fibro and when I took Ultracet (I recently stopped taking it) I would have problems with sweating. Sometimes I would wake up just drenched. When I stopped the Ultracet the sweating stopped too.
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have Fibro, and have been sweating for 17 years now. Its not as bad or as often as it used to be.

I take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) and also the ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and B-6).

These two supplements seem to help with the sweats, I still get them, but not nearly as often for a year now.

As for that creepy crawly feeling, yes I get that also. Feels like my hair is standing on my head, on my back also (no hair on my back, just feels like that), I have no idea what causes it.

I can also be sweating and freezing at the same time.

I also hate the summer, the heat and humidity is horrific for me. I rather be cold than hot.

Shalom. shirl

7. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

The prickly, goosebump feeling is strange; its a fairly new symptom for me, I've only experienced it in the last couple of years.

As for the sweating it is soooo annoying, especially in the winter when it is cold outside.

Cheers,
    Esoteric
  8. sunnilar

sunnilar New Member

I can sit in thwe sun for almost 2hrs. and not break a sweat,but feel like a retarded boiled chicken with the strange goosebumms that just come up in weird places on my body.Sonya
  9. MemoryLane

MemoryLane New Member

I have CFIDS, but I posted two other replies earlier about the goosebumps, I thought I was the only strange one. It has never come up before that I can remember or at least so frequently. I wonder what this could mean?

I have an awful time with body temp regulation. Most times I am so cold, at the very least my feet and ankles. Then I will suddenly start to sweat and still be chilled with goosebumps.

The goosebumps are weird in themselves. Sometimes they appear in random patches for no reason at all. I'll have a patch on one side of my scalp or on the inside of my calf - it's so strange.

I wish I knew what caused this.

Lane

[This Message was Edited on 05/16/2003]
  10. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Esoteric,

I can break out into a sweat when everyone else in the room is shivering and wearing coats and sweaters. It isn't consistant and is very random. The only thing that helps with this part of my condition are the Chinese herbs and acupuncture treatments that I receive every other week. I wish I could afford to have weekly treatments because they are so effective for me.

The sweating thing is a real bother!

Peace,
    fifty1ford
  11. MemoryLane

MemoryLane New Member

It's supposed to help with cold hands, temp regulation, dry skin and brittle hair.

My doctor gave me some, but I think it has been triggering headaches. I stopped it for awhile, but am going to try it again.

Lane