Fibromyalgia Help and the Vietnam War

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rlafave, Feb 17, 2007.

1. rlafave

rlafave New Member

Hi,
    I have had fibromyalgia now going on six years and I don't have cancer in any form, but during my research on the matter I have found that while I was in Vietnam 68-71 I was exposed to agent orange which fell onto my skin all over me
    and just six years ago it came to surface. I have pain from the top of my head to the tips of my toes and it is getting worse by the day. my jaw is so painful along with my eyes and my hearing is going also. So I am detererating health and I am only 56 and I feel like 80. I wish I could HEAR from other people from Vietnam service with Fibro and they can let me know how far along they are and did the VA help with disability claim??
    They said good bye to me, your problem...took 4 years..
    Bob [email address removed as per rules]

2. grace54

grace54 New Member

nasty stuff I hear. Thanks for your service to our country. I wonder if there are any webb sites for agent orange that might hook you up with others with fibro. I would imagine there are more than a few with it. Take care
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

rlafave:

I would not wait, Bob. I would nag and complain to anyone in the VA who would listen. And take care of it.

It certainly is not your fault for exposure to Agent Orange.
    If I were you I would keep showing up with the various complaints.

If not, I would get a lawyer and sue the heck out of them.

Knowing 'them', they might just settle out of court.

Hopefully you will burn out before you have a chance to doall of these things.

thinking of you and a resolution,

nyrofan
  4. jenemc

jenemc New Member

my husband doesn't have FM but he was also exposed to AO while in Nam "69-"70...he came home with something and it has stuck with him ever since..he is fighting the va about agent orange as he was exposed to it.
    Have you gotten a va rep to help you? my husband is also 56, and has loss of hearing and ptsd, severely. all i can tell you is to keep at the drs at your local va clinic or hospital whever you live.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

jennie
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I don`t know anything about agent orange but I just wanted to say a big thank you for your service to our country. It really makes me angry that our brave soldiers are exposed to so many toxic things. Then when you are sick from it, you get no help. Its just not right. Keep fighting my friend and hopefully you will get the benefits you deserve.

God bless,
    Sandy
  6. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

Another big Thank You for your service to our country!!! I think it’s disgusting how the government turns its back on the brave men & woman after they’ve risked their lives for our country!

I don’t know what it’s like to fight in a war but I’m 36 years old & I feel like I’m 90 with this fibromyalgia!

Good Luck to You & Your in my Thoughts & Prayers!!!