Fibromyalgia Help Shingles Go to Hospital?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by missgarrett, Aug 23, 2008.

1. missgarrett

missgarrett New Member

I do not know what to do. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue et. al. I think I may have shingles. I have heard that I should go to the hospital. Does anybody have info? Thanks. Garrett
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Is there any way you can call your physician's office and speak to the nurse?

The nurse can probably give you some advice on whether or not you should go to the ER.

I know several people who have shingles and they usually go to their physician.

I hope you feel better soon.

Karen :)
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i have just been learning about shingles as i suspect my daughter may be coming down with them. Google it and you will get lots of info. it isn't very good news. i think there is a vaccine to prevent it....i am not sure on that. it is something that can really make you life miserable if left untreated. there are pain meds and diferent things you can take.

it can be dangerous if it is on your face by your eyes...something can happen with your eyes if you get this complication....

check it out....
  4. Bxteacher

Bxteacher Member

I saw my internist today & she mentioned that I should consider getting the Shingles shot. It is certainly something to consider .There is a lot of info on line about this new vaccine that you can read.

Good luck,

bxteacher
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Garrett,
    You don't have to go to the hospital. You can go to your clinic or urgent care. I had a very bad case of shingles last yr. with a couple of small flare ups this yr. It's sooooo painful. My heart goes out to anyone that suffers throught this.

Hope you get help soon.
    kbak
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

be 60 plus for the shingles shot and it is quite expensive--some insurance companies will cover part of it.
  7. daylight

daylight New Member

yes they are very painful . Went to the urgent care and they did nothing!
    Since I already had vicodin and the shingles were already going away. I you
    do have them and have a fever,blistering please rest . You can give the chicken pox's to someone who hasn't had them also. It is possible that nerve pain can increase because of this. So do see your GP as soon as possible.
    Take care they do go away. OH don't scratch ! I have scarring because of scratching.
    D.
  8. tig519

tig519 Member

I'm in the chicagoland area, and the Dominiks pharmacy offers the shingle shots just like they offer flu shots.
  9. frostymocha

frostymocha New Member

GO ASAP to your Doctor - the quicker you get antiviral therapy the better for reducing the overall illness. I have CFS / ME caused by shinlges to the Central Nervous System and will be on antivirals the rest of my life becuase the Drs didnt figure it out for 1 and 1/2 years!

GO GO GO