Fibromyalgia Hotline????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sparkly, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Sparkly

Sparkly New Member

Just received a call from my daughter who lives in Tennessee, and she says there was a TV message that came up regarding a "Fibromyalgia Hotline". Have any of you seen this? There was a number to call (1-888-926-1727) for new information, and they will mail it to you if you leave your name and address.

I called the number, and of course, there is a machine answering. I just hung up, because I won't give my name and address to an "Unknown"!!! I hope this ad is not from a company that is preying on us.

Sparkly
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but it sounds a bit fishy to me. I don't know...maybe my radar is a little too high. But, a hotline has people answering, not a machine that will send you some information or whatever. A hotline is for people who need help NOW from other poeple.

Sounds like a scam to me, but I surely have been wrong before. I wouldn't leave my name, either. Did the recording say anything about who was offering this information?

Think you did the right thing. Maybe someone knows about it, but usually new meds are talked about in medical journals, etc. The drug companies certainly aren't bashful about advertising their products to a particular group whether or not they say so. So, this just sounds a little bit not right to me.

It will be interesting to see what people have to say. I thought I might call the number, but don't think so. Hope we find something out.

Thanks for the info...

Blessings,
    Sue