fibromyalgia is a horrible illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sherry, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

It seems every time I think I'm getting this fibro under control I take a turn for the worse. Last night my symptoms got so scarey. I felt faint and panicky. My whole body was burning and hurting and my heart was beating fast and strange. This is really a horrible illness.
    Sherry
  2. babyjoan

babyjoan New Member

Sherry

It is a terrible disease!!! I have very frequent panic attacks that come out of nowhere. I also take Klonopin for these attacks. It is amazing to me that we all have so much in common. The meds help but don't take the panic attacks away but, they do help. Fibro hugs.
    babyjoan
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2003]
  3. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I know how you feel. This is a horrible disease. But there are some wonderful medications out there that help to calm some of these symptoms down. Are you taking anything for anxiety? I take Paxil and that has helped quite a bit. After my anxiety was lessened, my stomach problems lessened as well. It may be something that you may want to consider. Let us know how it goes!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure hope you are feeling better today? Like the others, I think you were having a panic attack, OR if you over did yourself that will cause that feeling too, pain and all.

I take low dose Xanax at 7pm every night, if I don't, I get what Sandy said I have, racing brain syndrome, and if not controlled I get panicky for no reason along with my thoughts running in all different directions. Its an awful feeling.

Sure hope you are feeling better, also try to rest before you get tired. That does help me alot.

I agree, this is one horrific illness. It seems like the symptoms never end. A new one is always popping up.

Shalom, Shirl