Fibromyalgia Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeartsinOhio, Apr 8, 2008.

1. HeartsinOhio

HeartsinOhio New Member

I am wondering if Fibro causes constant "tightness" in the muscles of my neck and upper back. I have knots in my shoulders and neck and upper back, they never let up, and there are areas that are very painful to touch, especially on my upper back and shoulder area. It feels like it is a sore bruise when I touch it. Bra straps hurt. I kept asking my husband if I was bruised, I was not. The muscles are tight and so much pain to touch. I have some muscle pain in my upper arms, and pain to touch, but really no where else. I do have osteoarthritis really bad too. I have had both my hips replaced before age 53. I just cannot find a decent doctor and wonder who I should see about this pain. Does this sound like Fibro? Pat
  2. HeartsinOhio

HeartsinOhio New Member

Sorry to hear you have the same pain. It does feel exactly like a sore bruise. I have it all over the upper back, and some on my arms. I would love to get a massage. For right now I am ordering one of the Homedics Shiatsu back cushion massagers. I tried one in a store and it felt great. I am not sure how much I can handle on the "sore" spots tho. I never heard Fibro described at bruised pain. Have you been diagnosed with Fibro? What kind of doctor do you go to? Do you have pain anywhere else? Pattie
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yes, that does sound exactly like what many of us have suffered from, myself included.

One thing you can do for this is take a balanced Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc supplement. I has to be in balanced form and I learned about it here on the boards a few years ago.

It took 95% of my muscle pain away. I no longer wear 3 Therma Care patches on my back and neck.

Try taking this supplement for a month, twice a day. Mine is even a cheap store brand. It works wonderfully. Since we're all deficient in magnesium, I'm sure you'll see results from this, but remember, it can't be separate supplements, has to be a balanced form.

4. HeartsinOhio

HeartsinOhio New Member

I love dogs too!! They are the best medicine in the world. I don't actually live in Ohio, but grew up there and intend to move back soon. I would love a massage, but not sure I can afford it either. Might be nice once in a while. Nothing seems to relax my neck and back. No matter what I do, it is so tense. I wake up in the middle of the night and it is tense. You would think it would relax when I sleep. I am sick of it. Take care.,,,,heartsinohio
  5. HeartsinOhio

HeartsinOhio New Member

What a cute name!! What brand and model of neck massager do you use? I have a Homedics Shiatsu (beige pillow) and it helps some. Just wondering if there is something better. Thanks!! heartsinohio
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2008]
  6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Neck and muscles are a big part of mine. I have one muscle on my left side of my neck that runs from back of my head to shoulder and at times that muscle gets so tight that it stands out like a rope and you can actually put your fingers around it.

It is one of my worst symptoms. That in turn causes me mega big headaches as bad or worse then a migraine.
  7. msSusan

msSusan Member

I have this problem too where my head/neck/shoulders/upper back never relax. I think some of my problems are caused by a herniated disk in my neck but not all of it. I get nerve pain going down into my right
    shoulder blade/upper/fore/wrist/hand most days.

Muscle relaxants, warm showers/pool, ointments and massage only help short term it seems. I can't tolerate acupunture or PT at this point.
  8. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I too have neck and shoulder pain and it is some of my worst pain. There is one spot on my shoulder that tends to flare up under stress or moving wrong. THe muscles are constantly tight in my neck and shoulder area.

I've also noticed my shoulders and other joints pop or crack alot is this a part of fibro and it's weird because I'm not trying to get them to make a noise they just do. :)

The pain in my shoulders is kind of a cross between a burning pain and an aching pain does this make sense?

I also don't have full movement in my neck which is frustrating~ I'm glad I'm seeing my doctor soon.

Gentle hugs, Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2008]
  9. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

What you described is how I feel most of the time. Rhemy you could start with.
  10. jmq

jmq New Member

too...same areas of the body you have trouble with. The neck shoulders ribs, hips, legs, angles, and wrists are almost a constant pain. What really seems to push my last nerve is when on top of these pains I get a headache. It adds an entire new dimension of agony. This is when I cant think, concentrate, and loose my inner strength.

The most fustrating part of my dilema is the pain meds that work well for my NOTHING for my headache...and vice versa. So I have o choose which of the evils to live with each day.

Has anyone found a pain pill that works for both body and headache pain??????